W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

Looking for W10M feature in WP8.1 as I thought it was in 8.1 too. Pressing the tile and a drop down would occur containing all of the folder contents as well as any tiles. Pressing the tile again would collapse the subfolders and tiles. What was the app I used for this or native feature in 8.1?

Isn't that just live folders when you drag a tile in a tile creating a folder that is a live tile that cycles between the apps contained in the folder?

Santiago_Canepa

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I installed the fast ring update and everything seems right! i have a lumia 1520 that I had to reset. The battery before last min 2 days, but now i don?t get at least a day of use. I think that soon I will rollback to 8 .1 only for that.
Can you still pin individual settings in the start screen? i can?t fount it anywhere.

mahesham22

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Not able to download languages pack from the speech settings.. it alwayz shows an error.. without changing speech language Cortana will not work :(
Tried Hard/soft reset also.. still facing the same problem..
Using Lumia 730
plzz help! _/\_
Try downloading one at a time. Download another after installing first one. That worked for me.

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

Rusty Shackleford11

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

They really need to get the photo size increased for the caller id. Also, when the call is answered, the photo needs to be larger. Really miss the full screen caller id photos of 8.1, but it appears circles get the square. However, no reason the photos are not large for incoming calls.

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

I upgraded to 10166 build about ten days back and things seemed to be fine for couple of days. But over the weekend I started see this painful issue: On several occasions the phone will not unlock and even when there is a call or certain notification, the touch doesn't respond. I tried several solutions provided on various pages, such as removing a background image, removing most apps from run-in-background list etc. Several reboots didn't help either. Then suddenly things seemed alright for a day or two, but again today I ran into the same problem. And just noticed I seem to face this problem (the most) when I am roaming. Last two days when I was in home network, things were perfect, though.

goalkick520

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

Help cant sign in the store on windows 10 mobile it always says
"you have a problem signing in try later what should I do is my lumia 520 is much much stable than before but the store is giving me problem

chaitanya goteti

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Not able to download languages pack from the speech settings.. it alwayz shows an error.. without changing speech language Cortana will not work :(
Tried Hard/soft reset also.. still facing the same problem..
Using Lumia 730
plzz help! _/\_

After hard reset, install windows insider app, set it to fast ring and try downloading the language packs. It worked for me.

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

Isn't that just live folders when you drag a tile in a tile creating a folder that is a live tile that cycles between the apps contained in the folder?
Yes, you are correct, however, this feature isn't working on my phone now. I am probably going to try a reset. Thanks!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I can't seem to open the camera app using the camera button from the lock screen. It just shows the lock screen background and nothing else. Swiping the lock screen up the crashes (?) to the start screen.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I installed the fast ring update and everything seems right! i have a lumia 1520 that I had to reset. The battery before last min 2 days, but now i don?t get at least a day of use. I think that soon I will rollback to 8 .1 only for that.
Can you still pin individual settings in the start screen? i can?t fount it anywhere.

On your settings menu press and hold the icon. "Pin to Start"

skyh1gh

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

"not sure if anyone has this problem but I tried hard reset twice...but problem persists:
After phone calls, (usually if I am the one receiving calls but can happen the other way), the screen decides not to respond to touch. So I have to restart phone again to restore screen to normal.

Anyone with this problem? Lumia 930"

Yes, same problem on Lumia 930, after phone call sometimes , i'm unable to put it down, sreen is dark, or it's not responding. Also another bug, is in the Outlook Email: crashes many times, when you try to open a mail, or simply it won't refresh the inbox. Other bug, is screen stops responding randomly; or Microsoft Camera won't show the picture after shot. Battery drains quickly, and the device is hot after a little stressing. I discovered these but i'm sure that there are many more.
Same on 1520.

MRTSPORTS1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Same on 930 aswell. It is very annoying to be unable to answer a call because the screen just doesn't respond. It can only be fixed by a soft-reset, but that doesn't solve the issue as it keeps reappearing at will.

pw38

May 24, 2013
Visit site

That's why I downgraded (upgraded?) to 8.1. I'll wait for the next release to see what they've fixed before taking the leap back into 10.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Anyone facing this .. System Size is huge
Lumia 640 xl .. Can't free space
c3NLBxk.jpg

Free storage is about 600MB
What should I do ?
Can't hard reset

Status
Not open for further replies.