W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

Im back on 8.1 because the texting was so spotty. No problems on 8.1 whatsoever, but i'd really like to be on 10. It looks so much better, and they've smoothed it out quite a bit.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Couple of things I've noticed on my 620, upgrading from 10512 to 10536.

Things that have improved:
  • 10536 generally seems a bit more responsive, compared to 10512
  • The locksreen now works almost instantaneously
  • Glance screen is now available in the extra settings page (so no need to do the whole SysApp Pusher thing anymore to get Glance)

Things that have gotten worse
  • Battery life
  • Start screen has glitchy, undeletable, unmovable tiles (that sometimes turn invisible, if you delete them, but are still there) that mess up the whole layout, if you try to move some of the other ones (it used to happen in the previous build too, but not that often). Can be fixed with a reboot, until it shows up again
  • The quick access bar is less responsive to pull down
  • Some tiles/apps just straight up refuse to work

Some other things:
Haven't tested in this build, but in the previous Groove music cleared its 'now playing' list about 5 minutes after pausing the song and you had to relaunch the app, while Mix Radio behaved just like Xbox Music in 8.1 and kept the "now playing" list for as long as the device was powered.
Also, Mix Radio is way more laggy than Groove music and it cuts off the last couple of seconds off of each song.
On the other hand Mix radio did find all the songs on my SD card instantly, right after the update, while Groove still hasn't found even half the songs after multiple restarts. It really needs a manual scan button.

Its_Anindya

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Can't update to 536 from 512. It's starts 'downloading the update' and stops at 6% while 'installing the update' with the error code 800705b4. Can anyone help me out of this??

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Windows central app sluggish. Still cannot attach directly my new screen shots to whatsapp. Need to share using file explorer. Worst with wechat. Need to restart then new screen shots will appear in album.

Darryl Dixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

No double tap to wake is a big disappointment , constant loading start screen, hanging web browser is a deal breaker for me. You would think that after all this time, they would have figured out the start screen issues. I think Windows 10 mobile is going to sadly be DOA.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

No double tap to wake is a big disappointment.
It is disable by default but once enabled it works just fine on my 930...

constant loading start screen, hanging web browser is a deal breaker for me.
You still having loading issue?!? Didn't see single loading screen since I got and I got it among first immediately after release...

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

L1520
I am facing the error while installing apps.
Error: This app can't install in SD card. In settings > system > storage change the location to your pc or phone.
But the problem is my settings is already in default to app/installations in phone and not SD card.
How do I rectify it please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre