W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

On build 10536... Using Lumia 640. Navigation bar keep vibrating... How to disable it... am unable to find in settings? Please help. Thanks in advance.
Is there anyway to adjust the brightness levels?

Settings - extras- touch for navigation bar,system - display or extras - display for brightness

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

L1520
I am facing the error while installing apps.
Error: This app can't install in SD card. In settings > system > storage change the location to your pc or phone.
But the problem is my settings is already in default to app/installations in phone and not SD card.
How do I rectify it please.

Work around: Changed settings to SD card. Restart. Again changed to phone and it worked.

portboy

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

On build 10536 with a Nokia 1520 unlocked on Tmob. I have the messaging app, it installed with the os, but I just can't share, send or receive contacts. Pictures work fine it's just the contacts.

Same issue with my 930 and 10536.

Miistercoool

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Lumia 640 here and I'm stuck on insider preview 10166. I tried changing to the fast ring in the insider app then checking for update, it shows three updates including the 10536 which is where I want to be as available but then they start downloading and then after a while give me an error :( any idea what I can do? should I go back to 8.1 then choose fast ring this time and see what happens, this is my daily driver so idk...I'm not going to hard reset it...:shocked:

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

Windows 10 Mobile Build 10536 (on a Lumia 920) - BUGS AND FEEDBACK LIST

• Alarms sound stop working, and do not ring. Got late at work :(
  • Data Sense settings crashes or do not apply;
  • Groove Music stops playing music when other media content is loaded in the player (like it should be)...but then loses last playlist playing, and can't be resumed if not relaunched again from the beginning...
  • Camera App: swipe from left to right to smoothly load Camera Roll photos is missing. A downgrade compared to stock 8.1 Camera App;
  • Many animations are missing: for example opening Edge "Hubs" button, Edge "Tabs" button does not trigger any animation, and the next menu just appears like Windows 95. It happens many times with many OS menus, very ugly and a regression compared to WP8.1;
  • PIN Screen is visually very ugly and slow compared to both Android/iOS, and should be totally re-done and polished;
  • Many apps trigger "Loading" or "Resuming" black screen, while they never did on WP8.1 (for example: Facebook, Tubecast, Twitter, Mail, Calendar and even SMS, Dialer, Contacts);
  • Action Center needs transparency like Windows 10 Desktop (or iOS7-8-9);
  • Edge renders slowly and crashes on some webpages (example: WinBeta - Your source for Windows 10 and Microsoft news or WMPoweruser - Windows Phone News, Apps, Games or www.windowscentral.com);
  • Edge ABSOLUTELY needs an AdBlocker or TPLs (Tracking Protection Lists) support. See new iOS9 Beta native ad-blocking features. It's night and day browsing after that;
  • Edge doesn't have "Google" search engine option instead of Bing;
  • Glance is not present in the "Extras" section. It can be opened from Store only;
  • Glance shows time only, and partial date or notifications even if enabled fully;
  • When clicking the Power button to wake the phone, there is bad flickering showing Start Screen for a brief second, and only after Lock Screen appears;
  • Unlocking from Lock Screen still requires 3-4 seconds to show Start Screen (while on black screen + Resuming...);
  • Swiping to "All apps" list, and then back to Start Screen reload Background (along with refreshing and flickering tiles) and lags;
  • Live Tiles often flickers and/or not update themselves;
  • Swiping down the Action Center has a lag/delay of 7 seconds before it shows itself! ;
  • Calendar Live Tile doesn't update itself;
  • SMS app is VERY slow to open;
  • Performance is sometime faster than 8.1.2, but most of time lags a lot more. A LOT More performance optimization needed to be at least on par with 8.1 Update 2;
  • Live Tiles on Start Screen completely stop working after a lot of apps were used and multitasked;
  • New Outlook app is slow to open, and hangs;
  • LinkedIn is no more integrated in People App;
  • Degradation of performance, lag and even auto-reboots after 24+ hours of continuous usage.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Alarms sound stop working, and do not ring. Got late at work :(
Not a single problem with alarms so far, no matter if I set it directly from app or from Cortana, and I use alarms intensively :)

Data Sense settings crashes or do not apply;
Not using it so I can't say..

Groove Music stops playing music when other media content is loaded in the player (like it should be)...but then loses last playlist playing, and can't be resumed if not relaunched again from the beginning...
I gave up on Groove long time ago and curently using folder based Coreplayer, will maybe give it chance after the next update...

Camera App: swipe from left to right to smoothly load Camera Roll photos is missing. A downgrade compared to stock 8.1 Camera App;
I have to agree..

PIN Screen is visually very ugly and slow compared to both Android/iOS, and should be totally re-done and polished;
tend to disagree with you, new start screen is awesiome with pleanty of customization to choose from, if U think that Android or iOs is better than simply switch to, Windows UI is not for you..

Many apps trigger "Loading" or "Resuming" black screen, while they never did on WP8.1 (for example: Facebook, Tubecast, Twitter, Mail, Calendar and even SMS, Dialer, Contacts);
The only app that is a little bit slower on build 536 ios windows central app, everything else works just fine and is fast, no problems at all, at least it is the case with my 930...

Action Center needs transparency like Windows 10 Desktop (or iOS7-8-9);
Oh another comparision with iOS, I like it as is, simple jet effective, if they are really going to add transparency I would like it will be as an option because I'm not huge one of switching back to Vista and Windows / with transparency everywhere...

Edge need lots of work, it is not only rendering but missing some basic features such as changing default home page and choosing search engine and stuff like that...

Edge ABSOLUTELY needs an AdBlocker or TPLs (Tracking Protection Lists) support. See new iOS9 Beta native ad-blocking features. It's night and day browsing after that;
Would be nice I have to admit..

Edge doesn't have "Google" search engine option instead of Bing;
Already referred on this :)

Glance is not present in the "Extras" section. It can be opened from Store only; Glance shows time only, and partial date or notifications even if enabled fully;
There is a problem with Glance on current build and is supposed to be fixed, maybe even in the next, keep in mind those is just a technical preview and it is supposed to be a little bit buggy...

When clicking the Power button to wake the phone, there is bad flickering showing Start Screen for a brief second, and only after Lock Screen appears;
Not having such problems, maybe you should format your phone and give a fresh start, you have lot of problems that I'm not aware of...

Unlocking from Lock Screen still requires 3-4 seconds to show Start Screen (while on black screen + Resuming...);
That was the case on the build 512, now it works as it is suppose without a single problem

Swiping to "All apps" list, and then back to Start Screen reload Background (along with refreshing and flickering tiles) and lags;
Not having such problems...

Live Tiles often flickers and/or not update themselves;
the only tiles that flickers sometime are those from Outlook, at least it is the case on my start...

Swiping down the Action Center has a lag/delay of 7 seconds before it shows itself! ;
It is same as fast as on 8.1, not having such delays, there is something wrong on your phone, there is no doubt...

Calendar Live Tile doesn't update itself;
Works just fine for me..

SMS app is VERY slow to open;
let me try once again... no, it opens instantly...

Performance is sometime faster than 8.1.2, but most of time lags a lot more. A LOT More performance optimization needed to be at least on par with 8.1 Update 2;
There is no doubt it need to be improved a lot, especially when it comes to performances...

Live Tiles on Start Screen completely stop working after a lot of apps were used and multitasked;
Didn't noticed ...

New Outlook app is slow to open, and hangs;
New outlook app is awesome, I really, really like it, especially after the latest update that brought dark theme support, I have 5 accounts on my phone and using it intensively and I'm really satisfied, it is pleasure to look at and to touch and what is even more important it getting better and better with every single update..

LinkedIn is no more integrated in People App;
I have to admit :D although I don't missed it as I didn't used it even on 8/.1

Degradation of performance, lag and even auto-reboots after 24+ hours of continuous usage.
I'm using this build since day one and so far I faced only 2 or 3 reboots if I remember right...

WPhone

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Action center most often has a huge delay on my L520 as well. My installation is as clean as possible (recovery to 81, then update, finished off with factory reset without restoring backup). Performance of W10 in general is great, except for this and repainting the start screen.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

I guess it is than hardware related, L520 is definitely not the best possible choice to try TP on...

Dual-core 1 GHz vs. Quad-core 2.2 GHz
Adreno 305 vs. Adreno 330
512 MB RAM vs. 2 GB RAM

GauravB728

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

Consuming lot of mobile data in background.. Data sense not showing any app using excessive data.. How to figure this out? Any solution?

Axm13

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for mentioning that. I had tried an earlier build, but without this option the constant telemarketing calls and people who don't understand that trying the same wrong number multiple times will not yield different results made me crazy. I had tried a 3rd Party App, but it was not compatible so I ended up restoring to 8.1.

SaltCityBoy

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

- Can't add Alarms & Clock live tile to start screen
- Sometimes it says loading before opening start screen
- Store is very slow
- Display, audio and touch shows error in Download and updates (0x803F8001)
- No notification or sound alert for received messages
- Sometimes short delay while opening action center

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 640 here and I'm stuck on insider preview 10166. I tried changing to the fast ring in the insider app then checking for update, it shows three updates including the 10536 which is where I want to be as available but then they start downloading and then after a while give me an error :( any idea what I can do? should I go back to 8.1 then choose fast ring this time and see what happens, this is my daily driver so idk...I'm not going to hard reset it...:shocked:

Going back to 8.1 and upgrading from there should work. I couldn't upgrade my 620 from 10512 to 10536, and a hard reset also didn't help, but the roll back and upgrade worked

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Just got 10536 installed yesterday. Only real issue is apps taking hours and hours to reinstall from my list. A soft reset tends to fix any issues any app has with loading or running smoothly.
But some things I can't seem to solve...
- Emails list constantly in conversation mode and including emails that aren't even from that conversation. I don't see a non-conversation mode for my email accounts.
- Live tile for email shows one sender and the text from another email altogether but always from an email in that "conversation".
- Email notification on live tile doesn't go away even whe I've already read the email.
- Windows store tile never shows the logo, remains blank.
- Mentioned already but this is now 16 hours of the apps trying to download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon