W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

So, here's my full list of bugs and feedback for improving Windows 10 Mobile starting from Build 10549 (I'm testing it on a Lumia 920)

Windows 10 Mobile Build 10549 - BUGS AND FEEDBACK LIST

UPGRADE NIGHTMARE:
  • Only way to upgrade was to downgrade from 10536 to 8.1 Cyan via WDRT Desktop app, then upgrade 8.1 Cyan to Denim, then 8.1 Denim to 10549. It took literally HOURS, and it went wrong too;
  • Upgrading from WP8.1->WP8.1/Denim->WP10549 goes wrong: apps were missing, wrong apps texts on App List, Internet Explorer instead of Edge, Settings and many apps won't open. The only workaround was to shut down the phone, and doing a further Hard Reset via Power and Volume keys. Then 10549 was finally installed correctly (another hour wasted);
  • After reinstalling Windows Insider app, and re-enrolled to Fast Ring: another upgrade with "Fast configuration update" was triggered, so ANOTHER HOUR WASTED;
  • PLEASE IMPROVE UPGRADE EXPERIENCE: Both from WP8.1 -> W10M, and from Old W10M build -> to new W10M. Always doing Hard Reset after an upgrade is NOT acceptable.

HARD RESET + NO BACKUP = PERSISTENT PROBLEMS:
  • Some Store apps fail to update/install on first try (they gave an "Error"). I had to retry at least 5 times, and than they were updated/installed successfully;
  • Settings pane crashes when trying to change Action Center triggers;
  • New Messages app and Skype Video have bugged label on Settings->Phone and Settings->Messages (when selecting default text and video apps);
  • Groove Music stops playing music when other media content is loaded in the player (like it should be)...but then can't be resumed from the same time/seconds returning to Groove app;
  • Camera App: swipe from left to right to smoothly load Camera Roll photos is missing. A downgrade compared to stock 8.1 Camera App;
  • Many animations are missing: for example opening Edge "Hubs" button, Edge "Tabs" button does not trigger any animation, and the next menu just appears like Windows 95. It happens many times with many OS menus, very ugly and a regression compared to WP8.1 smooth transitions;
  • Action Center needs blur/transparency like Windows 10 Desktop;
  • Edge ABSOLUTELY needs an AdBlocker or TPLs (Tracking Protection Lists) support. Both on Phone and PC. See new iOS9 Beta native ad-blocking features. It's night and day browsing after that;
  • Edge doesn't have "Google" search engine option instead of Bing;
  • Live Tiles sometime flickers and/or not update themselves;
  • Swiping down the Action Center still has some lag/delay before it shows itself, at least the first time after boot;
  • Calendar Live Tile doesn't update itself;
  • Messages app is a bit slow to open;
  • New Outlook app could be even faster to open;
  • LinkedIn is no more integrated in People App.
  • Performance is SO MUCH BETTER than 10536 on Lumia 920, I would say almost close to 8.1.2 . Very good improvements after all, but it could be even better (some "Loading/Resuming" screen still appears);
  • Battery drain is still much worse than WP8.1. More Optimization needed.

A solid improvement from 10536 anyway.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 1520, Build 10549

I am not getting notifications on the Live Tiles. Emails, Messaging, etc and when a message comes in, no number is put on the tile that a new message is waiting.

StephCG

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
I don't know if it is a bug, or if it is happening only with me, but I installed the Windows 10 mobile (preview, of course) on my Lumia 730, and I am not able to launch apps (calculator, groove music, any apps) with Cortana.
For example, I say to open Calculator, and Cortana shows a message saying "Open Calculator" but it doesn't open, and stays like that forever. Is there any solution for this?
Thank you and sorry for my english, it is not my main language.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Well, the first day so I will reserve judgement but so far not bad.

Had a strange yellow border around every screen, finally I rebooted and it left....wp_ss_20151015_0001.jpg

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site

I was going to come here and, very happy, to write about the new function of Favourites in Photos App, but as usual I'm out of date. In fact I figured out about the new build when I entered the forum. Anyway...

pratok69

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

Installed newest build 10/14 late night. Kept waking to perform next task (install 8.1, hard reset, install 10549..). Seemed to go ok. When I woke it was installed. Spent the day at work installing apps and setting up accounts. Did not do the recommended hard reset, in my excitement I forgot. New build "seems faster". Occasionally need to reboot because of some freezing early on but less often now. Mail and messaging live tile do not update for notification. Lock screen does not show notifications either. Have added them to lock screen but no change. First day battery drain was horrible, second day much better. Phone dialer working much better. Cortana seems handicapped. Not sure what happened there. Looking at my start screen now and people pinned don't have pictures displayed anymore, they were there earlier today. Live tiles not flipping and animating properly.
All in all, I think it is a great next build for a work in progress. I don't think these build are progressive in nature. I think they use them to Isolate certain aspects of the OS and improve on them. Adding others back in as they go. I believe the official release will surprise us pleasantly like the pc version has.
Planning a hard reset for this evening... we'll see.

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

A bug found, not seen in build 10536, that is: when long press win key, screen drops to bottom half. In 10536, you tap top half and the screen will jump back to full screen. Now, it doesn't. You have to wait a few seconds.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com

A bug found, not seen in build 10536, that is: when long press win key, screen drops to bottom half. In 10536, you tap top half and the screen will jump back to full screen. Now, it doesn't. You have to wait a few seconds.

Actually, long-pressing the Windows key again will bring it back up.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

New feature, One Handed Mode. They put it there for the bigger phones, or people with short fingers.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Newest build. Tiles not showing info. (outlook,messaging mainly) randomly update. Sometimes when exiting apps the tile will (go dead) for a short time. Then I can touch tile again (start app)
the store is still painfully buggy but usable. Loading (personal) app library takes ages and then is unstable there after. (crashes back to start often)
groove music main bug is that my settings will reset randomly. (shuffle,repeat)
Cortana seems to reset randomly (asking my name again)
pulldown menu seems more fluid and responsive (finally)
I use this build on my daily and it's very manageable even though the bugs listed are very irritating.
ms..get the os stable please before I get my 950xl...(current 640xl user)

Edit.. Another bug. When typing in search in the store the drop down suggestion menu will not disappear and you have to hit the back button. This will sometimes cause the while app to go back resulting in loading.... For..... Ever...

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

640xl dual sim lte with 10549: the sim2's data does not work. sim1 works ok. sim2 card only call and sms work. but no data connection at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes