W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpressoz

May 29, 2014
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

Since i installed the new build i noticed the phone vibrates when someone is answering my call, is this a new feature because i searched in settings a way to disable it but couldnt find it, 730 and a 640 have same problem.

oblivionnewtonjohn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Confirming the email/messaging app update for tiles. Other than that, smooth sailing.
Did not enable Cortana, battery life is best with this build out of the last 3.

gnch

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site

Last week Outlook S/MIME encryption was available on 10536 Lumia 640 XL, updated to 10549 today and setup as new but this option is not available now. Any idea? Thanks.

blainepullin

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Lumia 635. Phone just updated. All apps, contacts, etc. are gone. There aren't any tiles. All I have when I press the Windows icon at the bottom of the screen is a Search box at the top. If I drag down, I can get basic phone settings. But everything I had is gone. I cannot swipe side to side to get any other apps or tiles. What are my options ? Am I missing something that needs to be done to make the apps available to Windows ? Not able to access phone features. Cannot make a call. Cannot find contacts.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Lumia 635. Phone just updated. All apps, contacts, etc. are gone. There aren't any tiles. All I have when I press the Windows icon at the bottom of the screen is a Search box at the top. If I drag down, I can get basic phone settings. But everything I had is gone. I cannot swipe side to side to get any other apps or tiles. What are my options ? Am I missing something that needs to be done to make the apps available to Windows ? Not able to access phone features. Cannot make a call. Cannot find contacts.

Thank you.

1) did you got a backup before upgrade? (settings -> backup -> backup now)
2) if yes, link the phone to pc and revert with Windows Device Repair Tool to the beginning
3) if not, try going settings -> Updates and check

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
The one bug that really gets to me is the keyboard lag while typing long messages. As the message becomes bigger, the keyboard becomes slower. I have ended up deleting long sentences when I only wanted to delete two/three words of it, thanks to the backspace key lag which doesn't immediately show that the word is deleted and has me press it longer.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

have just found out that the test device i was using, Lumia 521, after being updated to 10549 (go back to 8.1 then forward to 10549), appears to not like being on battery only...
when only on battery, it appears now to be stuck restarting...
When i connect it to a charger, it restarts normally and everything functions as expected...
As soon as i take the charger off, it begins the restarting again.
I did a factory reset last night, still the same...
has anyone see this kind of behavior with any of the inside preview builds?
I'll try going back to 8.1 to see if its a device issue or a build issue.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

have just found out that the test device i was using, Lumia 521, after being updated to 10549 (go back to 8.1 then forward to 10549), appears to not like being on battery only...
when only on battery, it appears now to be stuck restarting...
When i connect it to a charger, it restarts normally and everything functions as expected...
As soon as i take the charger off, it begins the restarting again.
I did a factory reset last night, still the same...
has anyone see this kind of behavior with any of the inside preview builds?
I'll try going back to 8.1 to see if its a device issue or a build issue.

I had the same on my 520... it was the sd card. Cleaned and formatted it inserting in a notebook sd slot

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I had the same on my 520... it was the sd card. Cleaned and formatted it inserting in a notebook sd slot

interesting - thanks for the info, but i have no SD card... maybe its a memory issue and perhaps rolling back will solve this... i'll let everyone know if i do it...

Beantool

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

The only real bug I've found in 10549 is that Edge won't seem to let me save ANY image to ANY location. I've tried a 3rd party browser too and to no avail. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

For those frustrated by the "two steps forward, three steps back" we see in each build, let me explain something.

As noted, there are many different types of hardware that this OS must support. Compare that to Apple.

The team creates some features that works great for some types of hardware but does not work for other types of hardware. The team notes that. In the next build, the team tries to correct the features for the hardware that has failures in the first build. But that build then fails on some other types of hardware. So, the team has a version of those features that works on one set of hardware, a second version that works on another set of hardware, so they try a third version until they know how to make the features work for all types of hardware.

This is why we see small tweaks and changes happening even after we get a new build. Some features may get fixed by a small update, but the user thinks it is because the humidity went down in the middle of the week. :)

Trust me, the MS team is tracking all these very closely and is putting together what is required to make all the Windows 10 features work on all handsets. Each handset will get different code in the background, depending on its hardware, but the user will not see this.

This is how you can understand why something that works in one build stops working well in another.

bijuant

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

Build 10549 bricked my L1320. It worked for about 2-3 days. Used to get a frozen screen in applications -atleast 2-3 times a day followed by auto re boot .(this was the case with all the previous builds but never bricked). Finally in one of such re boots the blue screen came up with sad face on it as well as on my face. So after months and months of patient trial with w10 decided to bid a bye to the w10 . Happily back in wp8.1

shdwcythe

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

I installed 10166 on my 635 last night (Oct 19), and Cortana doesn't exist. I still had the Live Tile, which was glitchy, so I removed it and was going to replace it. Only to find out that, as noted, I don't have Cortana on my phone now. I'm wondering if this is just a glitch in the build, but if there can be any insight provided (preferably not hard-resetting), that would be helpful.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Well the issue with the new message notifications has been resolved with the latest update to the Mail app. That was the only thing keeping me from sticking with this build. So I'll keep it as long as nothing screwy happens.

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

anyone having issue with new calendar update
when you go to dark theme
in the week view
the month at the bottom is
dark and numbers unreadable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online