W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skogger

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

Hi, I'm having a problem with the latest build that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere before. On my Lumia 1520 there are a lot of glitches when viewing a horizontal video in fullscreen mode. I can see this especially in the Netflix app or when viewing youtube videos in Edge. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

This thread is waaay to large to legitimately capture bugs on the build :(

Anyway, this issue is still present in 10572:
me said:
When setting the data usage limit date, the date shown is actually the date prior to the one you select in the drop down.
For example, I select "20th" from the drop down, and the date is set to 19th.
So I've set it to "21st" as the reset date, and this has now registered as the "20th".

Also on the data usage, it didn't recognise the change in dates in the usage statistics until I completely removed the data limit settings and re-entered them from scratch.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Build 10572. Outlook Calendar is showing today as 10/31,Halloween, on the tile. It is 10/23. When opening Calendar, Today is shown as 10/23 correctly. Anyone know a fix? Date and time are set to auto in settings.

I was messing with the date and time yesterday troubleshooting OneDrive file dates compared with originals, forcing the date ahead and then changing back. Manually setting date, auto setting date, updating to today's Outlook update, unpinning and repinning and soft reset have not fixed the tile.

Tried Simple Calendar and that tile showed today's date and calendar correctly. TF.

RegardlessDolan

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

I've been having the issue of no data connection as well, however, disabling Wi-Fi networking completely (not just disconnecting from a network) restores my data connection. Re-enabling Wi-Fi networking once again kills the data connection. Anyone care to test if this works for you?

Build 10572/HTC One M8.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site

I've tried about five times to install W10M, every time there's something major wrong that makes me uninstall in ten minutes. Sad, but it's beta, so who am I to complain.
This time I was unable to connect to my MS account at all - neither through settings nor any of my office apps. And then my main apps began disappearing - edge, outlook... just totally disappeared.
Brand new 640.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know how to recover a BSOD 920 which shuts down every 60 seconds or so? When it's on a charge it will get into a reboot loop. When it's not on a charge it will shutdown after a minute. The hard reset hardware keys aren't doing anything either.

I can't imagine any recovery software being able to save this one.

if you have a sd card, put it in a pc o noteboook sd slot and check

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Anyone have any problems with Visual Voicemail on latest Windows 10 Build? I have a Nokia 1520. Haven't seen any new voicemails for the past two days and I checked it manually last night and had three new voicemails.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Guess I should have posted this here

Having quite a few werid glitches (Lumia 830, build 10572):
- Sometimes the screen would just go black, like if you turned it off, but then it comes back after a second, this happens at random, usually when I'm in some kind of app.
- When listening to music it sometimes pauses the song like it's buffering, again happens at random, if it does, it's at the beginning of the song and a few times (thats local music, never had this happen in previous builds or in wp8.1, so I doubt it's the SD cards fault)
- When I type 'B' in search, it just crashes, tried other letters, seemed to be fine, if i pressed b and some other letter quickly, also seemed to be ok, but if I then deleted that other letter, then it crashed.
- In edge sometimes when writingi in the address bar, the text is white, so you can't see what you're typing
- In settings, can't open settings for motion data or glance (I think I could open glance before resetting the phone in the same build, but I'm not sure)
- Can't update Moiton data (or motion sense, IDK) in the store, always gives an error
- In the quick toggles there is something missing after resetting. Before, there were 16 icons, now (after reseting, same build) there are 15
- Some apps won't launch and just stay in the splash screen. Apps like 6tin, Twitter, Blue Skies, Lumia selfie, Lumia Creative studio. Tried reinstalling them to local storage, on 6tag started working, the rest still don't work. This was one of the main reasons why I reset the phone.
- Messaging app crashes when trying to open a skype group chat

On a bit more positive side, the Groove music plays my files (apart from the bug mentioned above, but that doesn't happen that often). In the previous build Groove would give an error on almost all of my songs
And in general it does feel more snappy and the battery life seems ok

astuermer

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 640 XL, Build 10572 here...

• No tile or lockscreen notifications for separate mail accounts anymore. Only the "Outlook-Mail" app is recognized.
  • No tile or lockscreen notifications for Whatsapp, Facebook messenger and perhaps others (I only use these two).
  • Some apps are installed to SD card directly, when launching them nothing happens. I have to move them manually to internal memory to get them work.
  • Some apps are installed to internal memory and won't appear in the launcher (Microsoft Authenticator for example). I have to move the app to SD card first to get it working AND appear in the launcher. This is a very strange issue.
  • The Photos app still shows most of my pictures twice as soon as I select "show OneDrive photos". I already have activated the checkbox "connected photos" to show identical photos only once - without success! This issue is existing since several builds before, but still not fixed.
  • WiFi Hotspot doesn't work for me. It can be activated and my tablet connects to my phone, the phone also has full signal strength - but it doesn't "dial outside". As soon as I deactivate the mobile hotspot, data is working again.
  • Groove-Music often buffers at the beginning of songs. It starts playing one second, then a second pause, then plays the rest of the song as usual.
  • Edge won't let me write the letters Q, S and U - lower- and uppercase. So entering an URL including these letters isn't possible.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 640 XL, Build 10572 here...

• Some apps are installed to SD card directly, when launching them nothing happens. I have to move them manually to internal memory to get them work.
  • Groove-Music often buffers at the beginning of songs. It starts playing one second, then a second pause, then plays the rest of the song as usual.

For me moving them to internal didn't help
About Groove, I thought it was buffering too, but then wouldn't it pause and continue where it left off? For me it just skips those seconds like it was on mute for that bit
EDIT: Reset the phone again, twitter came to life, when installed in internal memory, Before it just didn't work at all, no matter internal or SD

Last edited:

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

Windows 10 Mobile Build 10581 - BUGS AND FEEDBACK LIST

PERSISTENT PROBLEMS:

• Start Screen may be corrupted after upgrade from older TP builds (not my case with Lumia 920 from 10549 to 10581);
  • Edge still reloads tabs when resumed. NO ONE want it to do it, tabs should remain opened like we left them;
  • Settings pane crashes when trying to change Action Center triggers;
  • Groove Music stops playing music when other media content is loaded in the player (like it should be)...but then can't be resumed from the same time/seconds returning to Groove app;
  • When opening Camera App from Landscape orientation, there's a visual glitch with flickering borders for 5-6 seconds, then it sorts itself out;
  • Camera App: swipe from left to right to smoothly load Camera Roll photos is missing. A downgrade compared to fast/fluid/easy stock 8.1 Camera App;
  • Many animations are still missing: for example opening Edge "Hubs" button, Edge "Tabs" button does not trigger any animation, and the next menu just appears like Windows 95. Same closing Tabs, or navigating through its settings. The rest of OS has now many new and improved animation insted. Just Edge is far behind in that regard, much uglier and laggy transitions if not any transition.;
  • Action Center needs blur/transparency like Windows 10 Desktop for consistency reasons;
  • Edge ABSOLUTELY needs an AdBlocker or TPLs (Tracking Protection Lists) support. Both on Phone and PC. See new iOS9 native ad-blocking features. It's night and day browsing after that;
  • Contacts, Dialer and Messages apps are still a bit slow to open (still "Resuming" / "Loading" );
  • New Outlook app lags a bit or has no animation when opening mails from list. A bit slow too;
  • Now Outlook app has a 1 vertical pixel line white on the right, so the upper banner does not fill all the display;
  • LinkedIn is no more integrated in People App.
  • Performance and Battery Life is SO MUCH BETTER than 10549 on Lumia 920, I would say equal if not even BETTER than Windows Phone 8.1 . Very good improvements after all, but it could be even better (some "Loading/Resuming" screen still appears, and there are some crashes here and there like seen above).

Remcov250

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Since the latest build, i am not able to access my 'folders' in Photos.
Once i swipe to folders, the photo app crashes. I tried to reinstall (even from 8.1) but keep having the same problem.
Anyone know how to fix this?

Radek Urbanek

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

Hey, did anybody notice that in 10581 build navigation doesn't give voice commands? I tried every setting, soft restarts, but problem still remains. :-(

rishi mazumder

May 27, 2015
Visit site

After updating to build 10581 on my Lumia 830 my navigation keys are not lighting up.... Can anybody help me and tell me what's going on. Is it a software issue or are the key lights ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39