W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIackGoId

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

Maps doesn't work. Had to miss a day of work cause I couldn't use the maps for directions. (Location was over an hour away, never been there before in my life.)
It wouldn't be much of an issue for me if I had Google Maps as a substitute but..... YOU KNOW.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

When I open Microsoft messaging and choose a text message the dialer opens, obstructing the text message. I have to press the back button and then it works normal. Overall though this build is smooth and I am encouraged by the battery life although time will tell on that one.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

I just updated to W10M TP 10581. The only issue I am having is Edge. When I click on the live tile on my 1520 it tries to open and then just goes back to the start screen. So when I try to use Facebook and respond to a post or open an article in Cortana it does the same thing it goes back to the post. I guess I am missing something what do I have to do to get Edge working. I've tried doing a soft reset without success. I mentioned this issue in my initial feedback to MS last night after the install.

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

The update itself went by fairly quickly. No issues at all. I just watched over it and let it start and finish.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

A bug found, not seen in build 10536, that is: when long press win key, screen drops to bottom half. In 10536, you tap top half and the screen will jump back to full screen. Now, it doesn't. You have to wait a few seconds.

That's the one handed mode feature which was originally for the 930 and 1520 but now can be used any device.now

bruce1099

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I can confirm my start screen is corrupted from previous build. I upgraded from the correct previous build. The start screen has tiles that flicker and some of double tiles for each applications. Phone not usable. Did hard reset still corrupted. Not going back to 8.1 as I have done the to get the last couple of previews. I am on a 640xl.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I can confirm my start screen is corrupted from previous build. I upgraded from the correct previous build. The start screen has tiles that flicker and some of double tiles for each applications. Phone not usable. Did hard reset still corrupted. Not going back to 8.1 as I have done the to get the last couple of previews. I am on a 640xl.

please read back or read gabe blog. We talked about it a lot. or use the Search function

marpamcy

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

Maps doesn't work. Had to miss a day of work cause I couldn't use the maps for directions. (Location was over an hour away, never been there before in my life.)
It wouldn't be much of an issue for me if I had Google Maps as a substitute but..... YOU KNOW.

So that's why you haven't showed up at work today.... and we were worrying about you..

Dreamchaser014

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I downloaded the update and restarted to install the update but the installation process ended up with a big :-( -sign. It's been an hour but still showing the same. What should I do??

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

RokSiEu

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site

Does anyone have issues with sending and receiving MMS? I can't find where APN setting for MMS are stored or where can I created them. Internet connection works so the only issue are MMS.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Messaging App: Keyboard automatically pops up when I open a text conversation but I can't type in. I have to hit the back button to close then hit the text bar for it to pop up again and be able to type my message.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Windows 10 Mobile Build 10581 - BUGS AND FEEDBACK LIST

PERSISTENT PROBLEMS:

• Start Screen may be corrupted after upgrade from older TP builds (not my case with Lumia 920 from 10549 to 10581);
  • Edge still reloads tabs when resumed. NO ONE want it to do it, tabs should remain opened like we left them;
  • Settings pane crashes when trying to change Action Center triggers;
  • Groove Music stops playing music when other media content is loaded in the player (like it should be)...but then can't be resumed from the same time/seconds returning to Groove app;
  • When opening Camera App from Landscape orientation, there's a visual glitch with flickering borders for 5-6 seconds, then it sorts itself out;
  • Camera App: swipe from left to right to smoothly load Camera Roll photos is missing. A downgrade compared to fast/fluid/easy stock 8.1 Camera App;
  • Many animations are still missing: for example opening Edge "Hubs" button, Edge "Tabs" button does not trigger any animation, and the next menu just appears like Windows 95. Same closing Tabs, or navigating through its settings. The rest of OS has now many new and improved animation insted. Just Edge is far behind in that regard, much uglier and laggy transitions if not any transition.;
  • Action Center needs blur/transparency like Windows 10 Desktop for consistency reasons;
  • Edge ABSOLUTELY needs an AdBlocker or TPLs (Tracking Protection Lists) support. Both on Phone and PC. See new iOS9 native ad-blocking features. It's night and day browsing after that;
  • Contacts, Dialer and Messages apps are still a bit slow to open (still "Resuming" / "Loading" );
  • New Outlook app lags a bit or has no animation when opening mails from list. A bit slow too;
  • Now Outlook app has a 1 vertical pixel line white on the right, so the upper banner does not fill all the display;
  • LinkedIn is no more integrated in People App.
  • Performance and Battery Life is SO MUCH BETTER than 10549 on Lumia 920, I would say equal if not even BETTER than Windows Phone 8.1 . Very good improvements after all, but it could be even better (some "Loading/Resuming" screen still appears, and there are some crashes here and there like seen above).

question If I hard reset my fairly flawless 1520 with 10581 with EDGE which will not load when tapped will tht resolve my issues with EDGE or do I need to revert to 8.1 and reinstall 10581? Help please

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

Ok on my Lumia 925 build 10581 music won't scream on any sound cloud app but it works fine if I opened aoundcloud via Edge. Same with Videos, videos won't work on Instagram or any YouTube app but it works fine on Edge! Has anyone else faced something like that?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Ok on my Lumia 925 build 10581 music won't scream on any sound cloud app but it works fine if I opened aoundcloud via Edge. Same with Videos, videos won't work on Instagram or any YouTube app but it works fine on Edge! Has anyone else faced something like that?
Sounds like you need to hard reset (and not restore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar