W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

I can understand how users of high-end lumias feel that the OS is almost RTM. However the actual performance of WM 10 can only be evaluated with a low end device. That's why I've installed WM 10 preview on my daily driver 520. Been using this for over a week now and here's my analysis: ( Without a hard reset)
1. Phone hanging while performing ordinary tasks such as opening an app have lead me to soft resets over 5 times now.
2. Haven't been able to play my local music through groove music regardless of the app receiving 2 updates since my installing this OS build. My library is listed, yet attempting to play ends up in an error msg popping. My collection is about 6 GB and have tried many ways to try and reset the meta data, none have worked as yet.
3. Store app lags and crashes many a times, though I've got it to work and update apps a few times. Also the store logo at the initial screen seems to scale to a larger screen as the store logo moves to the bottom corner, however the app itself is properly scaled to my screen.
4. This is strange, I've not seen this bug listed elsewhere: Unlocking my phone with my pin causes a keypad to pop-up ( looks like the 8.1 lockscreen keypad) for about half a second after which my start screen does appear.
5. For the first few days no notifications would appear in the action center. After a message to scan and fix errors on my SD card which I accepted, notifications seem to be coming in a bit more consistently as well as appearing in the action center.
6. This is the usual: Random app crashes and lag in games which was non-existent on 8.1.

These are my observations and though some of these are deal breakers I'm persisting with this on my device waiting for the supposed RTM build 10586. For music I've started using alternative players. I'm sure the general public would certainly detest this build on a low end or mid end device as RTM. However as this is a preview build I'm enduring it. For eg: sometimes the photos app takes about 2 minutes to display its contents. Do share in your views if any of you have encountered similar issues.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

I can understand how users of high-end lumias feel that the OS is almost RTM. However the actual performance of WM 10 can only be evaluated with a low end device. That's why I've installed WM 10 preview on my daily driver 520. Been using this for over a week now and here's my analysis: ( Without a hard reset)
1. Phone hanging while performing ordinary tasks such as opening an app have lead me to soft resets over 5 times now.
2. Haven't been able to play my local music through groove music regardless of the app receiving 2 updates since my installing this OS build. My library is listed, yet attempting to play ends up in an error msg popping. My collection is about 6 GB and have tried many ways to try and reset the meta data, none have worked as yet.
3. Store app lags and crashes many a times, though I've got it to work and update apps a few times. Also the store logo at the initial screen seems to scale to a larger screen as the store logo moves to the bottom corner, however the app itself is properly scaled to my screen.
4. This is strange, I've not seen this bug listed elsewhere: Unlocking my phone with my pin causes a keypad to pop-up ( looks like the 8.1 lockscreen keypad) for about half a second after which my start screen does appear.
5. For the first few days no notifications would appear in the action center. After a message to scan and fix errors on my SD card which I accepted, notifications seem to be coming in a bit more consistently as well as appearing in the action center.
6. This is the usual: Random app crashes and lag in games which was non-existent on 8.1.

These are my observations and though some of these are deal breakers I'm persisting with this on my device waiting for the supposed RTM build 10586. For music I've started using alternative players. I'm sure the general public would certainly detest this build on a low end or mid end device as RTM. However as this is a preview build I'm enduring it. For eg: sometimes the photos app takes about 2 minutes to display its contents. Do share in your views if any of you have encountered similar issues.

Dumb Question but whats considered a "Low End Device" Im running a 1520, and yes there are a lot of lags in different areas. I know Microsoft is intending on this being the RTM, however there will still be some clean up on it Im sure.

Just curious on what is considered Low End because Im on a 2 year old phone now I think?

Saber Owji

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi Guys
Today i upgraded my Lumia 930 to build 10581 right from WP8.1 and now i just have 3 problems ... 1 - my 930 cant record any sound (in Both Camera App & Voice Recorder) Calls & Cortana are OK.
2 - I cant train my voice to Hey Cortana
3 - MSN Weather app just opened once and after that it doesn't and crash

Anyone know what is the solutions or have this problems ?
Am i need to reset my device ?

Thanks in Advance

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

Just a simple questions as I don't want to create a new thread, well my question is: Does latest w10m preview gives toast notification when battery is fully charged?

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

Dumb Question but whats considered a "Low End Device" Im running a 1520, and yes there are a lot of lags in different areas. I know Microsoft is intending on this being the RTM, however there will still be some clean up on it Im sure.
Just curious on what is considered Low End because Im on a 2 year old phone now I think?

I think it's obvious that bugs affecting performance will be more easily detected and visible on a low end device with dual cores and 512 MB RAM than an SD 800 phone with 4 times the RAM. If your 1520 has lags with WM 10, my 520 has may be 10 times that lag. If you've used a low end device, you'd understand. With WM 10 on my 520 you gotta have a lot of patience just to live with it (at times). Hope you get my point.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

I think it's obvious that bugs affecting performance will be more easily detected and visible on a low end device with dual cores and 512 MB RAM than an SD 800 phone with 4 times the RAM. If your 1520 has lags with WM 10, my 520 has may be 10 times that lag. If you've used a low end device, you'd understand. With WM 10 on my 520 you gotta have a lot of patience just to live with it (at times). Hope you get my point.

Crystal Clear. Sorry wasn't trying to be a di*k about it. Didn't know what specs low end had.

Makes sense.

luMia630

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Its just wierd ive only get one other user that confirms this jumpim back and forevard during scrolling on L640, others seems to not have that, because its very hard to overlook that and everyone would surely notice it. Could it be possible that insiders builds shows some bugs on few L640 while other L640 phones doesnt have it??? I mean its the same phone and i even tried hard reset before install (no restore no apps installed exept insider app) and even after and it is still there so if it si caused by some settings it must be something most of the people have set and that is not set by default but what could that be?!? Maybe it somehow conected to scaling settings

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Its just wierd ive only get one other user that confirms this jumpim back and forevard during scrolling on L640, others seems to not have that, because its very hard to overlook that and everyone would surely notice it. Could it be possible that insiders builds shows some bugs on few L640 while other L640 phones doesnt have it??? I mean its the same phone and i even tried hard reset before install (no restore no apps installed exept insider app) and even after and it is still there so if it si caused by some settings it must be something most of the people have set and that is not set by default but what could that be?!? Maybe it somehow conected to scaling settings

It's difficult to describe scrolling issues well. But I will say I've experienced scrolling issues through much of 8.1, and WM10 has been at least as bad if not worse at times. I see this through most system pages and through various apps, especially news ones. I've had it be jumpy, skip around at times, skip/speed up/stop/skip back, and all sorts of other things. And sometimes it seems nice and smooth, continuously. I so far have just given the benefit of the doubt that it'll get resolved. But the more it just sticks around, the more uncertain I'm becoming about the whole development effort.

Edge is a disaster for scrolling right now, both on the desktop version and on Mobile, though some things improved with Threshold 2, Edge is still a mess, just now a bit better than it was before. It just does not scroll properly while elements are still loading, and even for a short time after everything appears to have loaded.

Pavel Kh-v

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site

Build 10586, Lumia 925, it is still impossible to change actions for 2 of 4 quick toggles in Notification and actions - you are just kicked off back to the Start screen when you are attempting to set your own action. What an annoying bug! Anyone else experiences the same issue? It's just not on for RTM to have such bugs. Shame on you, Microsoft!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Build 10586, Lumia 925, it is still impossible to change actions for 2 of 4 quick toggles in Notification and actions - you are just kicked off back to the Start screen when you are attempting to set your own action. What an annoying bug! Anyone else experiences the same issue? It's just not on for RTM to have such bugs. Shame on you, Microsoft!

Where did you hear that's a RTM? It'snt, or you should read everywhere on mobile magazines

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

Windows 10 Mobile Build RTM 10586.11 - BUGS AND FEEDBACK LIST

PERSISTENT PROBLEMS AFTER HARD RESET AND NO BACKUP (on a Lumia 920):

• All Nokia/Lumia apps and settings (example: Extras+Info, Display, Audio, Glance and so on) can't be updated through Store, they give error: 0x803F8006
  • Edge still reloads tabs when resumed. NO ONE want it to do it, tabs should remain opened like we left them;
  • Settings pane crashes when trying to change Action Center triggers (for example: tapping the Rotation Lock button inside its Settings);
  • When opening Camera App from Landscape orientation, there's a visual glitch with flickering borders for 5-6 seconds, then it sorts itself out;
  • Camera App: swipe from left to right to smoothly load Camera Roll photos is missing. A downgrade compared to fast/fluid/easy stock 8.1 Camera App;
  • Many animations are still missing: for example opening Edge "Hubs" button, Edge "Tabs" button does not trigger any animation, and the next menu just appears like Windows 95. Same closing Tabs, or navigating through its settings. The rest of OS has now many new and improved animation insted. Just Edge is far behind animations-wise, much uglier and laggy transitions if not any transition during operations;
  • Action Center needs blur/transparency like Windows 10 Desktop for consistency reasons;
  • Edge ABSOLUTELY needs an AdBlocker or TPLs (Tracking Protection Lists) support. Both on Phone and PC. See new iOS9 native ad-blocking features. It's night and day browsing after that;
  • Contacts, Dialer and Messages apps are still a bit slow to open (still "Resuming" / "Loading" );
  • New Outlook app lags a bit or has no animation when opening mails from list. A bit slow too;
  • Now Outlook app has a 1 vertical pixel line white on the right, so the upper banner does not fill all the display;
  • LinkedIn is no more integrated in People App.

PLEASE, now SHARE this list inside your W10M "Feedback App" (adding all your personal issues too).

That's the only way for MS to REALLY notices us.

sdrexler11791

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Accessing text messages or Cortana using voice via bluetooth in my 2008 Lexus RX350 locks up my phone requiring a reboot on the version delivered last night and the prior version.

ushodax

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

updated (not clean install) last night my 930 and i have a bug with my main account. it shows that is added but doesn't show email or contacts. I have not tried hard reset yet, but it looks like is the only solution because it's the only way to change the primary account.

any clues?

anon(8547461)

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

and i can't install the new facebook version, i'm stuck in old version

Yeah this is an odd one. I updated Facebook when it went live out of beta, and it worked great in the previous Insider build. Update to the new build yesterday, did a hard reset. After installation it prompted me to update Facebook, but it is clearly the old version.

What's really odd is it almost appears if the older version of Facebook is "ghosted" over the new version. There are times I'll open Facebook and the newer, cleaner font of the upgraded version of Facebook will show up, then the screen blinks and I go back to the more "bulky" larger font of the original app. I even uninstalled Facebook, and I looked in my apps menu and Facebook still appeared, but the Facebook icon had been replaced by a gray block. When I went to the store it said the app was "installed," rebooted the phone then I was able to install Facebook, but again it was the older version.

Odd

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Took the plunge and updated my ATT 830 to the latest build direct from WP8.1. Having lots of problems:

get this message when I restart: "Can't use SD cards on my phone because of a server policy." Before my SD card was showing with a spinning wheel in Storage sense, I took it out and reinserted, now my SD card is not even showing up in Storage.

getting error code 0x80070015 from the store when trying to download apps to my phone that were on my SD

Most of my apps are not loading/working. Can't get FB, Instagram Beta, 6Tag, etc. Can't get them from the Store because I supposedly already have them. Keep getting an error message from the store on a lot of apps: error code 0x80242020.

won't let me take a screenshot. Says not available.

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

ok I was updating from 10581 and as expected my phone kept rebooting, now it shows a lightning bolt and gear screen and it doesn't respond to any reset tries and it's not detected by windows recovery tool!

werner6769

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

Running 10586.11. Had to revert to 8.1 using the recovery tool due to an infinite reboot bug. The email and calendar apps don't open. All the apps are up to date on the store except for a few. Many small bugs have been fixed, but this problem now with the core email and calendar apps so close to release is unacceptable. Using my main phone which still has the original 8.0 software is like heaven compared to this mess.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

3rd party app 'share it' not working. worked in 581....(640xl dual sim). I can load the app. but as soon as I select photos ( to be uploaded to pc), it crashed.

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

All was working wonderfully with 586, but I started to mess with Glance and a couple of the other Extras & Settings. Now I have a yellow fine lined border around the edges of the screen or any area I touch. But, the phone is completely unresponsive.

Do I need to recover to 8.1 and then back up to 586?? This is going to take a couple of hours if I have to do it this way. UGH!

I have also done the "!" +,-,power,- buttons to try and reset the phone. Doesn't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon