W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Share your most annoying bug or missing feature of the day

I'll start. I love swipe actions in Outlook. I have LEFT=read/unread, and RIGHT=delete. This is great when it works, but once every week or so WP10 decides to randomly switch my preferences. #$*&^*$!!!!!

I think every time when the outlook app updates, it reset to default setting on the sway action, so that is what I assume what 's going on, I have that happen to, but I just set sway as delete for both way for now, so no matter which hand I was holding the phone, I can delete them.

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

Your mail settings are out of date.... Constant annoyance!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

Not sur elf this is an issue for win10m or the band, it never show any thing from other notification form notification tile theater, but I worked on wp8.1. so not sure if it is the Microsoft health app's fault or the w10m

salindasa

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

Phone lags when playing music through Grove. Multitasking is impossible. Phone freezes and I have to soft reset it every time

L625 Build 10586

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday took my AT&T 920 to 8.10.14219.341 with developers preview, then updated to 10586.11 via insiders.
Can't change quick actions and some of the notifications, can't sign into OneDrive app, it kept going back to start screen. Probably because of this it would not backup. Glance only showed the day of the week, not the date.
I used Cortana a lot to search the phone in 8.1. a name brings up the contact or where the name was used in a text, doctors name finds my calendar appointments. This feature is not in 10, can't search phone,

Last edited:

STALKER-SVK

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

-unable to set Google as default search provider in Edge
-settings app crashes when changing privacy settings for Messages and when enabling background data restriction (unable to enable)

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
missing features in build 10586 on my L1520:
- no more 1440p video recording in camera
- no QR code scanning from bing search

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

• Xbox app (online favorite) notifications still not working.
  • Gesture typing in Edge not supported when typing a web address.
  • Gesture typing in Edge text box doesn't work properly (every second word is a space, forgetting to insert the predicted word. Like example, searching for "side eyeing chloe" and you gesture type this, it will just enter in the text box "side Chloe")
  • Sometimes when you close a tab in Edge and you have a blank page, you can't exit the app by pressing the back button.
  • Cortana takes forever to start up.
  • Sometimes Store crashes when it tries to load your apps or games library.
  • Start does not have an icon in multitasking view (this could be nitpicking but it really looks incomplete without it).
  • Obvious visual tearing in multitasking view.
  • Some system sounds are still WP7, I had to change this in the registry to compliment the desktop W10 sounds.
  • Quiet hours still not supporting calendar status (eg. Enable if event is busy in calendar).
  • Settings app sometimes switches layout to PC (see here).
  • Cortana live tile sometimes static.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Application updates that appear in the Store that aren't compatible with my phone and never can be downloaded.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Annoyance of the day: while Groove knows how to use the audio profile (A2DP), somehow Cortana insists on using the phone profile (HFP?) in some cars, including mine. That means responses are super slow and have low audio quality, and the music keeps getting interrupted. #$*&^*$!!!!!

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

T-Mobile Lumia 1520.3 variant here...love majority of WM10, however;

Maps will not open...NO maps apps work
Hey Cortana will not work...I can't even set up...will not here my voice unless I go to Cortana and push the microphone
Glance screen is spotty at times...
Battery life worse than 8.1

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bluetooth protocol that allows my car to display full messages, read, etc:):):)

Waiting for my 950xl pre-order to ship...one of the first buyers on November 16th:):):)

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site

I cannot update various apps. My OCD alter ego has his brain whacked at the wall because of the f#$%*^ 0x803F8006 error code.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Here Maps requests an update to the latest version before it can load up yet none are available except for some fake applications that I thought Microsoft had tighter controls over. What version could it even be asking for?

Here Drive works fine. Never could understand the difference before yet the Here Maps has a new Icon but doesn't work.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Missing ability to open documents attached to meetings. Really bad missing feature for enterprise use.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

No audio notifications for texts and emails when the phone is locked.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

So many, here's what's annoying me most right now:
Photos don't backup to OneDrive
Battery life is terrible, and charging is slow
So many apps won't load and update
Can't link some contacts with FB and can't link any with LinkedIn
Notification Center inconsistent

I know there's more

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

So many, here's what's annoying me most right now:
Photos don't backup to OneDrive
Battery life is terrible, and charging is slow
So many apps won't load and update
Can't link some contacts with FB and can't link any with LinkedIn
Notification Center inconsistent

I know there's more

In your case,, all linked to temporary updating store server problem, blocking core apps update. It drains a lot and you can't use the right version of them.
And obviously, looking for and updating drain a lot of battery. after some days of stabilization and updates, the battery stabylizes. It reminds a new laptop just out-of-the-box that need a lot of cures and updates on first days of use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes