Lumia 720 device touch not working after upgrading to windows 10 mobile build 10512

hari pavan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I had installed windows 10 build 10512 by upgrading from WP8.1 and then did a hard reset also. Later on after few minutes upgrading to windows 10 mobile build 10512 I received a call and after hanging up the call, touch on my Lumia 720 is not working. All the buttons are working fine because I can lock the phone by pressing the lock button but cannot unlock as I cannot slide the lock screen up for unlocking. Also cannot soft reset as the volume down button is not working (problem in all the 720 models).

Tried to connect to windows phone recovery tool but after selecting my device it says reading information but nothing happens later on, no matter how much time I wait. Now I had to wait till the battery is discharged.

Till now I had tried all the mobile builds previously but had to revert back to windows phone 8.1 as the phone would freeze or get bricked in every build after few hours of installation. Dont know its a device centric problem or the specific phone model problem or entire 512mb ram phones are not yet good for windows 10.

Mintu Mohan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Same here on my 720. My volume down button is not working since one year. And everytime i had to revert back to windows 8.1 after trying Windows 10 for a couple of hours. It's very unstable on 720. I never waits to drain my battery if struck. I use Lumia software updater to restart my phone when struck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes