Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepublocal

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

Using it on my 930 and done a little registry tweak which means I get the extra tiles and it looks awesome!

divyan

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

I use my main phone, Lumia 930. Usually I try the build for a couple of days then go back to 8.1 for various reasons. This time I tried TP 10512 three days. I went back to 8.1 because Here drive was giving me grief while driving around city. ( Yeah, I do clean install / hard reset and DO NOT restore anything). I usually give some feed back to MS hoping they will improve the overall experience.

In my opinion, maybe a couple of iterations of TP would take Windows Phone 10 to near perfect production OS. That is when / if MS fixes the upgrade vows those I faced ( the last two TPs - 10166 and 10512 gave me 'sad smiley'.)

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

I am running 10166 on my 1020. It is actually really smooth, and works great. I am not rolling back. I am not rolling forward either until the next build as there are numerous issues with the 10512 build that I have been reading.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Running the latest on a 735 I am growing on it but its still not ready for my 930 as its still not smooth enough yet

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Do you recommend installing it? And did you do a reset?

I didn't do a hard reset before installing because build 10166 was running pretty damn good before this, but I wouldn't recomment it.
I think it is better staying off this one and wait fo the next which (fingers crossed) might fix the lock screen problems.

Anyway you could try it if you want because reverting back is so easy on windows phone!
(and of course do a backup first!)

wilfredo_lagares

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Greetings to All

I'm running the Build 10512 on a Lumia 1020. So far its performing well. No mayor issues rather the ones already been notified to Microsoft.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

830 here on 10512 and so far Cortana that is not working and I can't download the US k-board. Glance is working for me and so the alarm

Big Fat EDIT...: Finally I got Cortana working...my problem was that I could not download the US speech and k-board. It was giving me a download error. When I installed 512 on the phone the windows insider app never came back and the phone was telling me the English United Kingdom was installed.
So I downloaded the Windows insider preview back to the phone put it to slow ring then tried to download US speech and k-board..It worked.

Now my girl (Cortana) is back.

Last edited:

5p4c3m4n

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

640xl running good. typical preview glitches but nothing that makes it unusable.

Outlook Mail will not sync.

Some settings features are hidden (Glance Screen for instance)

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 635 - runs fine, little laggy here and there.
I can't get ANY build to successfully load on my 920. It always gets stuck at the loading home screen

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

640xl running good. typical preview glitches but nothing that makes it unusable.

Outlook Mail will not sync.

Some settings features are hidden (Glance Screen for instance)

have you tried to look at your settings.....mine is set "as items arrived and any time"

Anurag Mukherjee1

May 21, 2015
Visit site

Hello there, I have installed and experienced each and every windows 10 mobile preview builds on my Lumia 630 dual sim. The experiences were not always buttery smooth all along but it is reasonable. For the latest 10512 build, I initially down graded my phone to WP 8.1 denim via the recovery tool. Then I installed the 10166 build followed by the 10512 one. A strange thing happened to me during that time. When I was downloading WP 10 10512 insider preview on my lumia 630( WP 10 10166) via a pretty fast WiFi, the downloading was stuck at 0% all along. I restarted my phone to avoid this error. But it did persist and suddenly the phone was preparing to install the updates. The in the usual pathway the update got completed and I did a factory reset too. Now I have set up my phone again and installed all the necessary apps and app updates. The build is very smooth and stable compared to the previous ones. Sometimes I forget that if I am running a preview build or not. I must say that though there is no external changes are seen in this build compared to the 10166, but under hood changes brought an lot of performance improvements. This build can be installed on a daily driver according to me. Only the problems that I have come across is the lock screen delay, quiet mode moon blinking, slight delay in the photos & camera apps and bit crashing of Microsoft Edge on some websites occasionally. On thing I also have found out that the preview builds are running better on relatively lower end phones compared to the higher end lumias. Specially the lumia 920 and 730 are found to be most affected with problems.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Only the problems that I have come across is the 1 lock screen delay, 2 quiet mode moon blinking, slight delay in the photos & camera apps and bit crashing of Microsoft Edge on some websites occasionally

1- I got that too
2- I had it cause Cortana was not working for me before. Now that she is fixed it stop blinking

Npakaderm

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 640XL Dual Sim unlocked variant. Build 10166 as my daily driver. The only thing that's bugging me is the on screen buttons don't always want to come up when I swipe up from the bottom and the notifications window doesn't want to go away when I slide up on it.

Not related to this build but the hardware - I love this phone almost more than I loved my 1520 before I shattered the screen. The only thing I miss is the dedicated camera button.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

I miss 8.1 for it's fluidity. I won't go back because of functionalities.

Hoping future builds improve performance. Hoping RTM will have fluidity of 8.1.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I have both Lumia 630 and Lumia 640 XL running on build 10512. The second is running smoothly with some bugs that doesn't affect my UX, the first is laggy, 512MB less RAM are noticeable, mostly with Microsoft Edge. With the second I only miss the physical camera button.

Gokul Sunil Kumar

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

On my Lumia 735.Works very bad.Lockscreen issues,store does not work in background etc.....But I like the new start screen look,unified store,new animation.

anon(8894772)

May 29, 2014
Visit site

10512 on Lumia 920. It's okay. It works but it's definitely buggy. My big issues are: overheating, unresponsive screen, can't open photos in editing apps... Will probably go back to 8.1 soon. In my experience, W10M isn't really much better than 8.1, just newer and different-looking .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon