Windows 10 Phone 10536 -Massive Battery Drain

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issues, it is somewhat more resurce intensive than 10512.
Anyways, try under battery saver to turn off Edge browser from running in the background, this helped in my case a lot!

I stopped most apps from running in the background that didn't make sense.
Also go to extras -> touch

change sensitivity to normal.
disable double tap to wake
and if you want to add even more saving disable vibration feedback from the navigation keys.

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
My battery on my 1520 is actually much better since the update. I actually have been trying to wear it down. I did notice after the update there were app updates constantly running in the background. Since I turned off automatic update my battery has never been better.

potter007

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I stopped most apps from running in the background that didn't make sense.
Also go to extras -> touch

change sensitivity to normal.
disable double tap to wake
and if you want to add even more saving disable vibration feedback from the navigation keys.

I'm using build 10536
Where is extras I can't find it? I'm using Lumia 640, please help. Thank you in advance.
Also, please tell me how to disable vibration of navigation bar.

Last edited:

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't know if someone already mention this before but I will tell you. Yesterday I was experience this batty issue either in my 920 build 10536. 3 hours after pull the charger, my battery running from 100% - 10% in 3 hours only. This is terrible.

But I found some old ways to solve this problem. It use to work with old phone, but I tried this and it works. "Just try to put your phone to dead (0%/goodbye message) by keep using it. And then leave your dead phone without charge it for about 5-6 hours, maybe more (I don't know, I left my phone dead on night sleep). And then put it on charger BUT make it offline mode, or airplane mode so nobody can bother your phone. Don't use your phone until 100% charged and wait for more 1 hour still plugged in charger."

That's it. My phone battery now last more longer than before. Unplugged from 2 PM and on 10 PM it still on 68%. A great battery improvement isn't it? Take a shot. Maybe this work with your phone too.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Give it a day of 2 after the first day my battery got better on my 640. But I had to hard reset it today because my sms notifications stopped working

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm using build 10536
Where is extras I can't find it? I'm using Lumia 640, please help. Thank you in advance.
Also, please tell me how to disable vibration of navigation bar.

extra should be in settings. Way at the bottom. Then click on touch.

Also the new beta skype app seems to take a whole lot of battery. I'm going to find the link to the original one and install that.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It's not good for your battery to run it down to zero, I would avoid doing that. It certainly won't mysteriously make your battery life better afterwards.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
How's this for an indication of the source of the battery drain:

wp_ss_20150918_0001.jpg

edit: I've been stuck in Loading a couple of time today, and currently for the last 30 minutes. Battery drained 60% in 3 hours.

In Loading, I am able to get into the Settings to take this screenshot. Also, you can use the search button to get to Cortana, type her to "open [app name]" and you can still use apps, however, as shown above, significant processing still going on inside the phone.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [battery drain] Am I interpreting this correctly?

There is no need to start a new thread on the same topic, this may even work against you due to possible fragmentation. Threads merged.

Thanks for the message. The one you quoted was posted under "Ask a Question" and my question was,

"Am I interpreting this correctly?", referring to the screenshot and the percentages.

(Moving it here lost the question.)

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
weird thing......yesterday my phone died because it run out of battery....after i recharge it it hold one day with usage and NOT on battery saver. :)
so now the battery holds very good.
Try to drain the battery completely and then recharge it to 100% like I did.....maybe it will work for you to

You're honestly suggesting fully discharging Li-Ion battery? Never, ever do that. It doesn't improve a thing, it only deteriorates your battery.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: [battery drain] Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thanks for the message. The one you quoted was posted under "Ask a Question" and my question was,

"Am I interpreting this correctly?", referring to the screenshot and the percentages.

(Moving it here lost the question.)

It wasn't in the Q&A when I found it. Nonetheless, if it was originally in the Q&A, then it will still be moved since the Q&A is a forum reserved for urgent and time pressing matters, and for guests who don't have a Windows Central account yet.

piknikdouille

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The same here (Lumia 930). My battery was ok on 512, but now it's a disaster on 536. I lost 100% in 4 hours in normal use. I did a hard reset 3 days ago, and I didn't install too many apps. My phone is always warm and always seems to download something in the background, there is always the little arrow close to the wifi icon. I seriously don't know what's going on. And weird thing, the Windows Central app became crazy laggy on this build (unlike the other apps which run great).

Alpedra

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Looks very similar to the issues I?m having with my battery - including the wifi icon indicating that the phone is trying to communicate/upload info almost all the time. Running a Lumia 640 LTE.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
From my experience, the L930 never did have great battery life, plus you could fry an egg on the bottom right corner!!!!

Never, ever, run a lithium batter to zero. This will shorten it's life dramatically. The act of charging before zero also allows for 'conditioning' of the battery. Why do you think that new Li-ions come with some charge? The advice of charging for 24 hours, on a new battery, means that it is being conditioned whilst on the long charge. My daughter ALWAYS runs her android tablet right down. You would not believe how many times I've had to get my hands dirty and reflash due to boot fail.

10536 appears to be very good, battery wise, for me. Installed on 640 (dirty / migrated) and 640XL and no issues on usage front

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Battery really does take a dive once the screen is being used on my M8, but like Mad Cabbie says, not too bad on the 640. Might have to do with firmware? I can remember this being the case on my NL928 once it got Developer preview'ed to 8.1. SOT of maybe 2 hours if I were lucky? It's not as if the M8 is really heating up or something. And in standby it seems really good.

Anyways. Going to give it a try on my NL830 now, wonder how that device holds up. I really enjoy the build nontheless!

R53bertyboo

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Since I have installed the lastest OS on my 640 XL the battery life has certainly taken a downward turn, and I find that if I am using it for messaging via WhatsApp I have to charge the phone again during the day. So that now means the phone has two charges per day as I charge it over night usually. I also now have the phone rebooting if I am using WhatsApp continuously for say 10 minutes having a conversation. I think it is the app that causes the reboot, so I have submitted this to the developers.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You're honestly suggesting fully discharging Li-Ion battery? Never, ever do that. It doesn't improve a thing, it only deteriorates your battery.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

What he is really suggesting to do is to recalibrate the battery meter. Which sometimes you have to do because Lithium batteries do slowly degrade over time and the battery meter doesn't always take that into account. You really won't do any damage to the battery, because the hardware will kick in and turn off the device when the voltage does get to the minimum allowed.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't know if someone already mention this before but I will tell you. Yesterday I was experience this batty issue either in my 920 build 10536. 3 hours after pull the charger, my battery running from 100% - 10% in 3 hours only. This is terrible.

But I found some old ways to solve this problem. It use to work with old phone, but I tried this and it works. "Just try to put your phone to dead (0%/goodbye message) by keep using it. And then leave your dead phone without charge it for about 5-6 hours, maybe more (I don't know, I left my phone dead on night sleep). And then put it on charger BUT make it offline mode, or airplane mode so nobody can bother your phone. Don't use your phone until 100% charged and wait for more 1 hour still plugged in charger."

That's it. My phone battery now last more longer than before. Unplugged from 2 PM and on 10 PM it still on 68%. A great battery improvement isn't it? Take a shot. Maybe this work with your phone too.

Worst. Advice. Ever.
Pro tip: you're killing the battery's potential lifespan by depleting it to 0.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon