Latest Windows 10 mobile preview, already worth updating from 8.1?

Araragi

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
From what I've seen they're pretty much close to RTM in the fast ring, right?
So I figured I could update a Lumia 920 to Windows 10.
My question being, is it worth it?
Are there already some good universal apps around? A list would be awesome :p
What about performance?
Any new features you can't live without already?
Any bugs I should be worried about (especially the ones that would be bothersome in everyday use)?

Or should I just wait for the official release? Would like to hear some opinions.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Well i'm on the slow ring, which is ages behind the fast one, and still it's more than ok to use, as a matter fact i've never thought about going back to 8.1.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My daily driver is a 930 which I've kept on 8.1, but I have updated my old 920 to the latest W10M build, and yes it appears to be stable enough. Nonetheless, I would advise you to wait a little longer, as we should be getting a new build this week.

Ivan Kim Reyes

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I've been using my phone which I updated to W10 10581 for about a couple of weeks now and it has been great for me.
Is it worth it? Yes, but there are still few bugs which, assumingly, will get fixed soon.
Are there universal apps around? A lot. Starting from social apps, games, photography, utility apps, and so much more. Core apps has been optimized and updated too.
What about performance? Performance is smoother than the previous build. It got less laggy. But I have apps that has been crashing often.
Any features I can't live without? UI, the notification and action bar, microsoft edge (awesomely fast), messaging (where you can reply on the toast notification) and file explorer.
Any bugs you should be worried that can affect your everyday use? Naaah. I have been using my W10 for a couple of weeks now and got no issue in regards with my everyday use. Though there are still minor bugs.

These are the best things which made Microsoft the best. :)

Araragi

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I guess i'll update then, thx for the info everyone.
Will wait for the next build tho if it's coming out this week.
Are there perhaps any specific days they like to release those builds?

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes