Very big issue,

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Since installing build 586.63 on my lumia 1920, the phone has been clunky and battery never lasts more than 6 hours.

The phone only works well with mobile data turned off.

After looking into it, system uses 65% of the battery life. And system has used 961MB of mobile data in the past 6 days, and 4gigs in the past 30 days.

What the hell is going? Ive already hard reseted the phone on new builds and do a soft reset every morning. I doubt Microsoft will look into my issue and pay my freaken phone bill.

How do I stop "system" from causing all these issues without having data off 24/7

Help please.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Since installing build 586.63 on my lumia 1920, the phone has been clunky and battery never lasts more than 6 hours.

After looking into it, system uses 65% of the battery life. And system has used 961MB of mobile data in the past 6 days, and 4gigs in the past 30 days.

What the hell is going? Ive already hard reseted the phone on new builds and do a soft reset every morning. I doubt Microsoft will look into my issue and pay my freaken phone bill.

How do I stop "system" from causing all these issues without having data off 24/7

Help please.

Your store is updating apps automatically. Disable that in store settings
Which apps can run in background? Such as skype. They might be consuming a lot of data and battery life. Disable store also
System is all core apps such as messaging, store, phone, contacts, skype, etc.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Help please.

Lol. Nice hoping that Microsoft will pay your bill.

You should revert back to W8.1 and wait until WM10 is released for older phones.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Help please.

Enable data usage limit in settings. Phone will wait for a wifi signal for updates, and will notify it

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Setting is enabled for limiting data. Store does wait for wifi to update. Someone just posted a reference to the sync between all devices option killing battery life and data.. Ill disable it and try it out today. No wonder the messaging app is second place for data and battery usage.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Disable store also
System is all core apps such as messaging, store, phone, contacts, skype, etc.

Just wondering on this one, by disabling CORE app does this disable Notifications for new emails, texts etc ? I have a Microsoft band 2 (yea, blue-tooth does take a hit on battery) but, I depend on email notifications.

Even on my ICON, I'll see 8-9 hours, by 7pm on a work day, my battery is beeping (less than 10%), on 8.1 with a band 1 (same features), I would still have 50%+ left by 7pm....

It's one thing that sucks about W10m preview... battery....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes