Insider Build 14936.1000 - Edge crashing on open?

randcd

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I updated to 14936.1000 last night. Today whenever I attempt to open a link or to open Edge directly, I get the splash screen and then nothing. Anyone else having this problem? Lumia 950. I tried rebooting, but I have not factory reset it yet. That will be my next step if nothing else works. Then roll back to previous build i guess.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I updated to 14936.1000 last night. Today whenever I attempt to open a link or to open Edge directly, I get the splash screen and then nothing. Anyone else having this problem? Lumia 950. I tried rebooting, but I have not factory reset it yet. That will be my next step if nothing else works. Then roll back to previous build i guess.

Surely a bad build install. SOmetimes happens.
Considering you already tried a soft reset, an hard reset via settings -> Info -> Restore will reinstall last build clean

Remeber to make a backup (Settings, Whatsapp, etc), so phone will download and install again all apps, then it will sync all (the longest and most boring part of whole process)

JD Miles

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Same problem since 9/29 Nothing that relies on edge will continue to open just revert back to splash screen seems like none of my apps will actually open with the exception of some of the core apps Cortana opens but as soon as you try to follow a link it starts to then crashes right back to the screen the link was on no longer a smart phone but now just a phone fast ring build 14936 have been unable to try and research for a fix until now by charging up my old Lumia 920 affected phone is 950 from AT&T and since I was finally
able to get the firmware update that they had been holding back AS USUAL.What will happen if I do a hard reset?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon