The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-22-2016 12:11 PM
57 123
tools
    The amount of random reboots in this build is ridiculous.
    10-16-2016 07:15 PM
    Anyone seen weird text messages coming across? Wife has iPhone and sent me a message last night, to which I walked in the room and asked what the heck she was trying to say to me.
    14946-text-msg.jpg
    10-16-2016 07:23 PM
    I had this problem. The next build fixed it.
    Originally posted by William Tadekawa
    Is the only solution to wait for the next build? Reinstalling apps seems to fix it, but of course there's no way to reinstall edge.
    10-16-2016 07:59 PM
    The official AU is buggy as hell too. Attaching photos to emails (which has always been spotty in terms of reliability, regardless of version), fails today, sharing a photo to Outlook attaches the photo to a new message is the usual way, and it sends in the usual way, so far so good. When the message arrives at the the recipient, there are no attachments. Grrrr...
    10-17-2016 04:00 AM
    The most annoying thing I found on the preview (build before this one) the phone screen would never come on when you needed to see things on a call. So, no keypad, etc. Hanging up took forever cause the screen would not come on until after you hit the power button a few times. I am on a Lumia 950XL ... is this still an issue?
    10-17-2016 06:54 AM
    This build broke my Contacts and all microsofts built in apps for communication. People, Messaging and Phone, all contacts are gone, and can not even open any of those apps they just do not open. Can only call, if I would remember any number... can not save any contact either, And really terrible battery. I am Really pissed, do not want a hard reset at all.
    I called Microsoft after all my contacts disappeared. They stated my account was being migrated to a new server. Contacts still were there but I had to redo all the pictures attached to them. Very annoying.
    10-17-2016 06:59 AM
    My issue was that after upgrading from 14936 to 14946 my phone took too long to reboot. Even after using the recovery tool, re-installed 14946 and the same problem came back. it would take 30 to 45 minutes for the phone to reboot. I used the recovery tool again and left it on release preview 14393.321. The R2 14946 crippled my Lumia 950 XL
    10-17-2016 07:16 AM
    My only issue so far with this build is Cortana takes a lot more time, 4-5 seconds to respond to voice to text input. 950 XL DS US
    Last edited by Mark Kaplan; 10-17-2016 at 10:40 AM.
    10-17-2016 09:21 AM
    For me and my 950XL DS, this build is a bit rocky. Everything mostly works, but I've had performance issues. Lags, a couple of random reboots. Biggest issue is getting notified of incoming emails - on a couple of occasions I've grown suspicious of the length of time since I received an email; when I synced manually, I received a bunch at one time. But most times email notifications work fine. Everything seems a bit unpredictable and random on this build.
    10-17-2016 09:43 AM
    Can anyone who is using Skype Preview as their SMS app tell me if the tile is supposed to show a count of new messages? Or indicate new messages in any way? Mine doesn't.
    10-17-2016 10:42 AM
    Anyone seen weird text messages coming across? Wife has iPhone and sent me a message last night, to which I walked in the room and asked what the heck she was trying to say to me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14946 text msg.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	470.6 KB 
ID:	131163
    Yes, I got one from an iPhone user, I copied and pasted it back and they said "What's that?" odd really. I would turn it on and compare them, but I don't have A HALF HOUR TO WAIT!!!!! LOL!

Using my 950 I restored and am back on non-insider status....
    10-18-2016 05:59 AM
    Anyone else notice that when trying to create a new reminder under the current build (14946) that is it doesn't work right?
    I've tried manually and by voice, and in both cases it fails to create the reminder.
    Under manual I type in the reminder and go to select "another" for time and nothing happens after touching the word "Another".
    While trying to create a reminder using voice commands Cortana misunderstands what I'm saying and I try to correct it by voice and she stops listening, or if after saying okay and try to manually correct the reminder when to tape on "Remind" nothing happens.
    10-18-2016 02:50 PM
    • Unable to log into a few sites mainly Sky Bet and Sky Vegas. the sites take you through constant looping between the login and logout page when you attempt login.
    • Sites are suddenly now redirecting me to malicious sites whereas previously they wouldn't.

If you can avoid this build I would. Edge is completely destroyed. It feels like Edge has been taken back to early days where it just wasn't compatible with a large amount of websites.

Switching to my spare iPhone until the next build it is unbearable.
    10-18-2016 03:08 PM
    Outlook won't automatically check mail on any of my 3 accounts using any of the available options (As Item Arrive, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc).
    10-18-2016 03:54 PM
    I have had the battery go dead twice on this build, this is unusual for me:(
    I'm having a similar issue. Have a 950XL, but when my battery gets low, not sure the exact percentage yet, but it MUST be charged with a USB 3.0 charge port on either my computer, or external power source. I don't have any other higher amp power blocks, so not sure if those would work or not. But keeping the phone plugged into a new USB-C cord, just keeps the battery at same charge level, and heats it up considerably. Not sure if it's this build, or if it's a bad battery.

Anyone else having the same or similar issues?
    10-18-2016 05:47 PM
    I'm having a similar issue. Have a 950XL, but when my battery gets low, not sure the exact percentage yet, but it MUST be charged with a USB 3.0 charge port on either my computer, or external power source. I don't have any other higher amp power blocks, so not sure if those would work or not. But keeping the phone plugged into a new USB-C cord, just keeps the battery at same charge level, and heats it up considerably. Not sure if it's this build, or if it's a bad battery.

Anyone else having the same or similar issues?
    I'm facing some excessive battery drain on my 950xl and overheating at the top of the screen (area near the Infra-red sensor for Microsoft hello) not sure what is causing the overheat.

Also when charging, at about >80% mark, I will experience the flickering green screen even if my screen is not turned on in the first place.
    10-18-2016 07:20 PM
    Yeah, spent 90 minutes with the new "Customer Service" center, and the end result solution was "Google for your nearest phone center". Really helpful. Not sure how much longer I can take having to pay top dollar for a device that just doesn't work, and give free work to MS as a "tester" of their product. I mean every time, this works, but this doesn't. Now this works, and the other doesn't. I have given up on my Band2 being able to talk to the phone, but I hear they work great on Android and iOS. :/
    10-19-2016 06:39 AM
    Outlook won't automatically check mail on any of my 3 accounts using any of the available options (As Item Arrive, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc).
    A simple device restart fixed it for me (at least for now).

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Back to not syncing and getting an error when I try to sync manually. This build, man. Buggiest fast ring build for quite a while.
    Last edited by Kerry2112; 10-19-2016 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Updated info
    10-19-2016 07:54 AM
    I'm also seeing this but intermittently. Sometimes it checks as scheduled, sometimes it doesn't. 950 XL DS US
    10-19-2016 10:10 AM
    Had it charge overnight and took forever. Only 96% when I got up. Finally got to 100%, unplugged it, threw it in my gym bag, and went to the gym. When I was done, noticed battery and phone were still hot, lost 40% of the battery in less than 2 total hours. I did a PWR+VolDown reset, and put my phone on top of my CPU cooler fans, and got the battery cooled off. Plugged it in, and charge via computer. Now, it's not having the draining, nor issue once I got the temp down. Have had it unplugged for a while now, at 88%, still not great for not using it, but battery and phone are still cool. Will continue to update later, once I put it back on regular charger, see what happens. I hope it was a) reset, or b) cooling battery, or c) both. Time will tell.
    10-19-2016 10:58 AM
    And sure enough, had it out with me, in a pocket since the last post, got home, phone down to about 70%. Plugged it in with the usual cable, and charge up just fine, battery and phone normal temperature. Not sure what the culprit was in all this, but for now, seems to be working fine again.

Now if only the Band 2 would keep a reliable and regular charge.

Who knows, maybe it's just me and my magnetic personality.
    10-19-2016 01:24 PM
    I'm also seeing this but intermittently. Sometimes it checks as scheduled, sometimes it doesn't. 950 XL DS US
    I just discovered (for me) it DOES sync automatically but only when connected to Wi-Fi. Went looking for a new setting that might have been added for this but I didn't find anything :(
    10-19-2016 02:51 PM
    Downloading the new build now. 14951.
    10-19-2016 05:06 PM
    Stuck at 0% since before the debate. Maybe those jagoffs killed my phones update ability?! But seriously, at 0% for over 2hrs now.
    10-19-2016 10:32 PM
    Stuck at 0% since before the debate. Maybe those jagoffs killed my phones update ability?! But seriously, at 0% for over 2hrs now.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...fast-ring.html known issue I think...
    Allen Rhodes likes this.
    10-19-2016 10:50 PM
57 123