BB10 to Windows 10 Mobile - media files on SD card?

SparrowhawkMMU

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
BB10 to Windows 10 Mobile - media files on SD card

Hi.

I've just bought myself a Lumia 950 for my birthday - with my wife's blessing - Amazon UK discounting it may have made her more amenable to the idea ;-)

I'm coming from BB10 and wondered if anyone else in the same boat could offer some advice as to how to migrate music over (plus pics and videos too)

I have a new, faster SD card in my Lumia and I can see a Music folder - can I just copy all the BB10 "music" folder's contents into that or does it expect a certain structure

As a reminder, BB10 has music/artist/album and then all the MP3s in there

eg: music/David Bowie/BlackStar/01-01-Blackstar.mp3

Also, is there an app in the Store that can add missing artwork to music - on BB10 adding a "folder.jpeg" file into the album folder would see that used in the music player where existing artwork was missing.

Thanks for any help :)

PS - loving Win10. Still love BB10 too mind, but BlackBerry have made it clear it's not gettng any further significant upgrades so the time seemed right to move to a new platform (and I'm not a huge fan of either iOS or Android, tbh)

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: BB10 to Windows 10 Mobile - media files on SD card

Hi,

Music on my Lumia 930 is Music > Artist > Album > .mp3
I add missing artwork using Mp3tag on my pc.

I would copy pictures to Pictures > Saved Pictures
and Videos just straight to the Videos folder.

werner6769

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

I think the music app will automatically sort everything and download album art for you. Just put everything into the music folder on the SD card. If you don't have a lot of music, just copy the mp3 files over. Windows will sort everything for you.

SparrowhawkMMU

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for your help guys - another item ticked off my "things to learn/do" list.

Passwords next - I see that there is a native 1Password client (beta) out so I'll switch back to using that as my main password manager - I have the desktop license too so synching will be easier again.

Happy days!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon