WM10 release build (10584.218) issues and solutions

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Latest Build .218

On the BLU WIN HD LTE 150q, I noticed with build 10586.218 that the Windows ICON and back
arrow on the task bar doesn't respond well, often times it takes several taps to either go back or
try to get to the start screen. At times when trying to get to the start screen, the start screen
will appear with a blank screen half on the top, with the rest of the start screen on the bottom.
The 950 XL also does the half start screen and half blank screen with the build 14295.1000

gavinls1

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site

The half blank screen is single handed mode right? U hold the win key to do it, juz like double tapping home button on iPhone

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

At times when trying to get to the start screen, the start screen
will appear with a blank screen half on the top, with the rest of the start screen on the bottom.
The 950 XL also does the half start screen and half blank screen with the build 14295.1000

Yeah this is not a bug. Its a feature. You're holding down the start button too hard. Actually I think you're double tapping and the second tap is longer. You can bring the screen down within any app.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I've had a few performance issues on my 950XL on this build. I've only had the phone for a few days, so not much experience on the last build but I noticed no performance issues then. Since the .218 update I've noticed a few "Resuming..." screens and BBM failed to load once (my wife uses a BlackBerry and likes BBM). Also, glance screen stopped working after a while, necessitating a restart. Even when it works, you really have to hover your hand over the proximity sensor, not like it was on my L1320 where a quick pass would suffice.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I've had a few performance issues on my 950XL on this build. I've only had the phone for a few days, so not much experience on the last build but I noticed no performance issues then. Since the .218 update I've noticed a few "Resuming..." screens and BBM failed to load once (my wife uses a BlackBerry and likes BBM). Also, glance screen stopped working after a while, necessitating a restart. Even when it works, you really have to hover your hand over the proximity sensor, not like it was on my L1320 where a quick pass would suffice.

I would try a hard reset honestly. Since I'm not experiencing these issues on the same phone I figure something is not right with the install. Granted there are different hardware versions out there.

The glance issue has been there for me since the beginning. I think it's actually more responsive now as previously I had to leave my hand there for a while before it went on. Now I hover less. And I too have BBM because of a few people and no issues here.

My bro had a lot of the resuming issues on his 925 win 8.1 on bbm. He doesn't have it anymore since installing latest w10. One thing to note is to free up space I was going and uninstalling apps on his phone. Some really small apps that normally don't take up much space had a huge amount of space being taken up. BBM was HALF A GIG! Imdb the same. So he installed these fresh after the update since I removed them prior to it.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I would try a hard reset honestly. Since I'm not experiencing these issues on the same phone I figure something is not right with the install. Granted there are different hardware versions out there.

The glance issue has been there for me since the beginning. I think it's actually more responsive now as previously I had to leave my hand there for a while before it went on. Now I hover less. And I too have BBM because of a few people and no issues here.

My bro had a lot of the resuming issues on his 925 win 8.1 on bbm. He doesn't have it anymore since installing latest w10. One thing to note is to free up space I was going and uninstalling apps on his phone. Some really small apps that normally don't take up much space had a huge amount of space being taken up. BBM was HALF A GIG! Imdb the same. So he installed these fresh after the update since I removed them prior to it.

I think your advice is good but, in all honesty, I'm tired of hard resetting after having done it a number of times on my L1320 on Insider. I think I will give it some time while I continue to get used to the 950XL and see what happens over the coming days. "Hard reset if necessary but not necessarily hard reset" is my motto now I think.

blackburberry

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site

Today we got an Update for our Mobile devices, which is .218, and i can see the Performance Improvements and some bug fixes, I'd say the Best build yet, no need afraid of updating, it's update-update not bug-update. Lumia 640 is what I'm using, It's really nice to use, so smooth, performance is really good. Please comment below for any noticed bug fixes, or any bugs and anything you want to share.

950 DS

I have to agree with this statement. A couple of observations though. For example when opening a powerpoint file the icons for select/deselect are messed up. Secondly, when creating a google email account in outlook I was redirected with an error that edge is not supported to log into google???. I managed after a few tries.

Not a big deal as long as there is continuous housekeeping from the WP10M team.

wp_ss_20160414_0001 (2).png

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Just got this update notification, I wanted to skip this and switch to Insider Fast 14322 but its downloading so waiting it to finish first :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes