I updated to Windows 10 Mobile with the official update happened a month ago and now running .218 version. Lately, I feel the battery is dying early. For normal usage, I have to charge within 12 hours or so.

To be honest, I am not sure if it's just me noticing a little or what. Please let me know if there is any difference in comparison to Windows Phone 8.1. If there is, I will revert to WP 8.1 as I hate to charge the phone twice in a day without playing any games. Basically, I just do normal WhatsApp and browsing and few news apps reading.

I installed an app and following is little info from it to give you an idea:

Average discharging rate: 8.15% per hour
    Average charging: 25.5% per hour
    Longest battery life: 19 hours
    Average time between charges: 10 hours

The app name is battery.
    04-30-2016 02:41 AM
    I updated to Windows 10 Mobile with the official update happened a month ago and now running .218 version. Lately, I feel the battery is dying early. For normal usage, I have to charge within 12 hours or so.

To be honest, I am not sure if it's just me noticing a little or what. Please let me know if there is any difference in comparison to Windows Phone 8.1. If there is, I will revert to WP 8.1 as I hate to charge the phone twice in a day without playing any games. Basically, I just do normal WhatsApp and browsing and few news apps reading.

I installed an app and following is little info from it to give you an idea:

Average discharging rate: 8.15% per hour
    Average charging: 25.5% per hour
    Longest battery life: 19 hours
    Average time between charges: 10 hours

The app name is battery.
    in settings > privacy > background apps, can you check which apps can run in the background and disable those you don't need?
    Secondly, check in your mail app on how frequently it has been set to sync emails and change that
    Also, don't leave cellular/wifi on when you don't need it. For basic tasks like whatsapp and light browsing, you can change cellular speed to 2G to get better battery life
    Disable autoupload of photos and videos to onedrive
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    05-05-2016 07:39 AM
    I have a Lumia 1520 , and rolled back to wp8.1 , battery (and everything else) is way better than wm 10
    05-06-2016 12:06 AM