W10M Official Release Build 10586.318 Issues

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I am really hopeful that this update does correct the Bluetooth audio not resuming after Cortana dismisses or ignores a text (as mentioned in release notes). That issue has been driving me nuts.

I was hoping for a fix for this too...unfortunately, my Lumia 950 is still having this problem after the update. When I get a text message via Bluetooth in the car, it notifies me I have a text, but when I say read it, it won't respond. .

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I find my 950XL still heats up while I'm using it... maybe a tad less warm.

I find that it cools off a lot faster when I put it down. Previously I would pick up my phone after a while and it will still very warm.

Darkseider

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Apparently it borks Continuum. Updated my 950 and Continuum connects but there is NO display. Tested different display types and cables. Tested same dock with another 950 running .242 and Continuum works fine.

Baris T

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
"Reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering" was mentioned as one of the improvements, but still if the screen locks, other devices connected to it loses connection. Can anybody confirm this, especially L92x users? If no, have you done hard reset after upgrading to .318?
Delete all wifi profiles, and it will work.

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I was hoping for a fix for this too...unfortunately, my Lumia 950 is still having this problem after the update. When I get a text message via Bluetooth in the car, it notifies me I have a text, but when I say read it, it won't respond. .

I have the problem on b242 that Lankylars noted...Audio not resuming after interruption by text. I think it also sometimes doesn't resume after I'm interrupted by an incoming call. It's weaksauce... :-[. Installing b318 right now, as I type... Not gonna hold out hopes, based on your comment, Vinerider. :)

Itsss Meee

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Here's what's been fixed and improved for Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.318

Change Log

• Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
  • Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
  • Improvements to the update system to prevent phones getting into a state where attempting to take an update may lead to errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570.
  • Fix for a problem that caused some phones to finish the initial setup wizard with an incomplete set of app tiles on the Start screen.
  • Improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections.
  • Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.
  • Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.
  • Fix for a problem that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
  • Improvements for reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering.
  • Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.
nav bar still not quite like how it was in WP8.1, in .318 in just paints nav bar black you don't regain screen real estate the nav bar occupied.

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
search button doesnt do anything now ...i dont really know if it was like this from earlier updates but i remember when holding it it was opening search voice control

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You can set flashlight from notifications and action settings. But it never shows up on quick actions :(
I guess flashlight is gone ?

I can attest to that after the update, flashlight is indeed missing from quick actions.

Given that it can be set under the notifications and actions, I guess it's a quirk / bug.

Edit: also we can now set custom notifications for different email accounts just like in WP8.x.

Second edit: I had to soft reset twice, second time my phone (930) was on charge in readiness for a hard reset - not sure if that makes a difference. What do you know I now have flashlight back in the action centre.

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Only a couple of observations so far on my 950Xl dual-sim:

1) After the update, phone wouldn't see my 5Ghz home wifi network (but did after a soft reset).
2) Standby battery life has improved somewhat. I'm at 94% at 1:30pm (after unplugging at 8:00am) - normally I would be at about 89-90% by now.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the problem on b242 that Lankylars noted...Audio not resuming after interruption by text. I think it also sometimes doesn't resume after I'm interrupted by an incoming call. It's weaksauce... :-[. Installing b318 right now, as I type... Not gonna hold out hopes, based on your comment, Vinerider. :)
In thinking about this a bit further, my problem may be slightly different. I am having the exact problem referenced in this MSAnswers thread.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...out-text/1400b9f2-6eb4-4076-8d6a-cf3f3173b780

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Only a couple of observations so far on my 950Xl dual-sim:

1) After the update, phone wouldn't see my 5Ghz home wifi network (but did after a soft reset).
2) Standby battery life has improved somewhat. I'm at 94% at 1:30pm (after unplugging at 8:00am) - normally I would be at about 89-90% by now.
I also noticed the better battery level around 11am, but I was fearing the placebo effect ('seems faster'). Let's hope it's real, because with this giant battery it should be able to match the amazing 1520 in terms of battery life.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I also noticed the better battery level around 11am, but I was fearing the placebo effect ('seems faster'). Let's hope it's real, because with this giant battery it should be able to match the amazing 1520 in terms of battery life.

Well, I'm pretty confident in the battery observation, because I use my phone exactly the same way every workday (very lightly). I draw a distinction between standby battery usage and general usage because the screen on these phones will always be a battery hog when on, even at reduced brightness. Best we can hope for is that it doesn't suck battery when we're not using it!

microsoft111

May 29, 2014
Visit site
My AT&T 950 updated last night to 10586.318. It's has inside app and is set to production ring.

When I picked up my phone noticed that it had restarted. Upon login none if the live tiles were working and then after a few seconds they refreshed.

It's been five hours since being disconnected charging cable. WiFi and Bluetooth on but, not connected to anything. Currently battery is at 85%.

androidkin

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Still no SD card. Since build *.218 my 950XL hasnt been able to see or save to an SD card. I was hoping this update would correct that. The *.242 build that went out to the release preview ring mentioned a fix for an sd card but this new build does not.
Interestinly, the file manage can see the sd card but you cant see it under Settings > System > Storage

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Still no SD card. Since build *.218 my 950XL hasnt been able to see or save to an SD card. I was hoping this update would correct that. The *.242 build that went out to the release preview ring mentioned a fix for an sd card but this new build does not.
Interestinly, the file manage can see the sd card but you cant see it under Settings > System > Storage

Had to the same issue on my 640 happened twice on the previous build. First time it deleted all my music pictures and videos but left all other documents and file types. Both times I had to hard reset the phone to get it to read my memory card again

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon