06-15-2016 09:26 AM
342 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Is MICROSOFT ever going to fix the dam Cortana crashes. It was crashing on my 1520 constantly (on Redstone and production) and crashes on my 950XL(Production). Most of the time you ask question and cashes and take to main screen.

It is F***** annoying , and I am getting to a point of stop using it .
    Keith White Jr likes this.
    05-13-2016 10:36 AM
    Is MICROSOFT ever going to fix the dam Cortana crashes. It was crashing on my 1520 constantly (on Redstone and production) and crashes on my 950XL(Production). Most of the time you ask question and cashes and take to main screen.

Hard reset time
    05-13-2016 10:59 AM
    At least now the music will resume after I end a call. WIFI finally see my hotspot Windows 10 PC and connect instantly. And the battery made it all day and I still had 45% left after 18 hours of light to moderate use. I need to test the Windows Map app and see what it does to the battery. It usually kills the battery in no time even using downloaded maps. All in all, the new release seems to work great on my Icon and three PC's, that are running Windows 10.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    05-13-2016 11:19 AM
    Anyoing I cant see how long it has been on since last charge, would love a graph like they have on android, showing % battery over time
    there are apps that can do that such as Battery app by Arthur Semenov
    Yes times 10. Battery by Arthur Semenov. Great App and highly useful. Don't Windows Mobile without it.

Love the Live Tile. Love having it report to Lock and Glance. Love the graph. Love the charge/discharge rates. Love the accuracy of the estimated battery time as it learns your usage and how quickly it adapts that info to shifting patterns.
    05-13-2016 12:01 PM
    After this update, I've used Mobile hotspot, but the connection drops when screen turns off. After reboot, my Lumia 930 cannot enable the wi-fi connection. It needed a hard reset to work again.

(sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian...)
    05-13-2016 12:05 PM
    there are apps that can do that such as Battery app by Arthur Semenov
    I will second this recommendation... I began using this when I first started trying out W10M, as it didn't have the feature from Windows Phone 8.1 where it would show time since last charge in the built-in Battery Saver applet.
    The main screen shows: Estimated Time remaining, Time since last charge, and a graph. Nice perks is that it'll show you stats, like Longest battery life time, Charges count (total # of charges), Average time between charges.

Most importantly, it doesn't seem to have much (if any) impact upon battery life, itself.

Link to app: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=ZaiXPYR6
    Last edited by JuannyBooBoo; 05-13-2016 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Added link.
    RumoredNow and Chintan Gohel like this.
    05-13-2016 12:05 PM
    Hard reset time
    you mean wipe data or just power+down arrow. I got this phone in BOGO offer so new one. love the phone but cortana annoys me most.
    05-13-2016 12:06 PM
    I will second this recommendation... I began using this when I first started trying out W10M, as it didn't have the feature from Windows Phone 8.1 where it would show time since last charge in the built-in Battery Saver applet.
    The main screen shows: Estimated Time remaining, Time since last charge, and a graph. Nice perks is that it'll show you stats, like Longest battery life time, Charges count (total # of charges), Average time between charges.

Most importantly, it doesn't seem to have much (if any) impact upon battery life, itself.

Link to app: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=AkOOlSDB
    funny thing is is stopped working for me the moment I upgraded to windows 10. If I don't open the app, it won't update the graph so the graph is always a straight line instead of peaks and troughs
    Rinsun likes this.
    05-13-2016 12:11 PM

Cortana crashes a lot for me too. I have a 640 with .318. I'll use it to search for something, and it'll crash to the start screen. I'll search again, and it might return search results or it might crash. Sometimes it'll crash three times in a row. Really annoying. You can find reports of Cortana crashing in Windows Feedback. I suggest you do what I did and upvote every single instance of it you see, especially the ones created within the last few months.

And, yes, I have hard reset, and no it doesn't fix it.
    05-13-2016 12:14 PM
    Hard reset time

I've done that, it doesn't help.
    05-13-2016 12:31 PM
    Updated my 950 XL two days ago and this build seems to be a big step back in terms of stability. I jumped off of Insider Preview because things were just too buggy. The last build was pretty great, had occasional hangs in Edge, but everything else seemed to work. I've watched my phone reboot multiple times per day now on .318, it's just sitting on my desk...I'm not touching it, and reboot. A few minutes to an hour later, reboot....again without me using it.

It's not the phone hardware as I didn't have any reboots prior to the update....
    05-13-2016 12:33 PM
    I agree. I had my Lumia 650 on the last build and received 950 last week. Installed fine and was great - super fast. Still super-fast on this build, but phone has locked up or randomly rebooted 3-4 times in the last 48 hours. Not good. Will back-up (incl my text messages) and hard reset this weekend...most builds seem to be better after a re-install.

(plus I get to do all the easy levels in Plants vs Zombies all over again ;)
    05-13-2016 12:51 PM
    funny thing is is stopped working for me the moment I upgraded to windows 10. If I don't open the app, it won't update the graph so the graph is always a straight line instead of peaks and troughs
    My son had this problem on 8.1 L 630 DS last year.It became okay after deleting history and statistics.He had to repeat it at intervals of few months for the app to function properly because the problem kept on recurring .
    I never had such problems on my 535 DS either on 8.1 or 10 .But I do not use the live tile as it does not update every minute.
    Last edited by Rinsun; 05-14-2016 at 12:07 AM.
    05-13-2016 01:16 PM
    Hard reset time

That wont fix the problem

Sent from mTalk
    05-13-2016 01:46 PM
    Been using this build for almost a week now on my 950 and not one issue. It is actually running very well on my phone. Guess I am lucky...
    05-13-2016 02:45 PM
    This build is much better than .242... A lot of improvements... I feel that my Lumia 640XL DS is much faster rather older builds!!!
    Same here! The phone feels more solid and compact with the various functions... I was .218 though, and got this update today. Good stuff!!
    05-13-2016 07:00 PM
    My son had this problem on 8.1 L 630 DS last year.It became okay after deleting history and statistics.He had to repeat it at intervals of few months for the app to function properly because the problem kept on recurring .
    I never had such problems on my 535 DS either on 8.1 or 10 (uptil now).
    well, it happens from the moment I install it, without any history. I'll install it again in case it might work now
    05-14-2016 12:06 AM
    well, it happens from the moment I install it, without any history. I'll install it again in case it might work now
    I do not use the tile because it does not update every minute.I mainly use the app for graph,statistics and full charge/low battery/fast discharging alarms which do not work so well on other battery apps.In Windows 10,I also use 'Better Battery' for live tile since the tile updates every minute and not every 15 minutes as in other apps.I had used Better Battery for tile % in 8.1 when the default battery saver app tile did not show % which happened only after an update to the default battery saver app.
    I have suggested in Feedback to show battery % on live tile of default battery saver app .I hope they do it because I find it a bit strenuous on my eyes to see it in the action centre where the digits are very small in size and I do not like installing extra apps.
    Last edited by Rinsun; 05-14-2016 at 12:29 AM.
    05-14-2016 12:17 AM
    Guys my battery usage shows that the windows default lock screen is the most hungry Eater of my battery. How do i curb this. Thanks.
    05-14-2016 01:36 AM
    @asarekena - what phone model? maybe it's glance screen which should be disabled or reduced to minimal timeout duration?
    05-14-2016 02:20 AM
    I'm using it from a day one, and so far so good ๐Ÿ˜Š . Battery seems to be better, no crashes at all , well to make long story short , everything seems to work OK.
    Didn't do any kind of reset. 950 unlocked device. Hope MS will continue to polish WM10.
    Regards to all โ˜บ
    Last edited by Brkoni; 05-14-2016 at 02:25 AM. Reason: mistype
    05-14-2016 02:24 AM
    I was an early bird ๐Ÿฆ , AP stays on when the phone is locked (some people report that goes off), but I could not connect my WP 8.1 L435. My W10 tablet connect that same AP with out no problem.
    05-14-2016 03:11 AM
    Guys I got it on my Lumia 920, I really don't know how, don't even have windows insider it is official production. But I can't get it on Lumia 1020.. Some really weird things are going on.. :/
    05-14-2016 03:22 AM
    Tell us how.๐Ÿ˜
    05-14-2016 04:33 AM
    B s
    05-14-2016 05:09 AM
342 ... 56789 ...