Whatsapp notifications stopped

rponting

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I know some people like being on the edge, but others should avoid whatsapp beta. And hard reset definitely solves notification issues on AU.

koller16

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Did the reset, the notifications worked ok for a couple of hours, when I finished the restore from the backup and all the updates from the store the problem started again. I don't know if it is caused by some of the updates or an app that may be causing some conflict, not sure.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Did the reset, the notifications worked ok for a couple of hours, when I finished the restore from the backup and all the updates from the store the problem started again. I don't know if it is caused by some of the updates or an app that may be causing some conflict, not sure.

Do you updated Whatsapp itself?

rponting

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Maybe try reinstalling WhatsApp without backup... I mean if u want to keep some messages you can email them to yourself.. But I doubt WhatsApp causing your notification troubles.. It's mainly OS caused as experienced by many others

koller16

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Maybe try reinstalling WhatsApp without backup... I mean if u want to keep some messages you can email them to yourself.. But I doubt WhatsApp causing your notification troubles.. It's mainly OS caused as experienced by many others

I believe the same, it may be caused by the OS since no background service is keeping it connection to the internet.

RedSign

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Paul Thurrott posted an article titled "Microsoft, It’s Time for a Reliable Computing Initiative" today. This rubbish we have here is one of those things that let me really doubt about the quality and reliability of the software provided by Microsoft these days.

That's really sad because what MS provides around Windows 10 is really a step in the right direction but they really attempt to destroy that with all those bugs. A good example is the Surface Book I'm using right now. On the one hand it is without a doubt the best laptop I have ever used and is a machine that lets Windows 10 really shine. On the other hand it is without a doubt the laptop with the most freezes and BSODs I have ever used.

"Microsoft, it’s time to be decisive, transparent, and true. Stop the build machines. And make things right."
- Paul Thurrott

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
How many of you are using L930s?

I am also getting sporadic notifications with whatsapp now... I reflashed back to Wp8.1, did a hard reset, installed system apps, updated to threshold, did a hard reset, installed whatsapp and enabled it to run in the background under battery settings. Updated to AU and everything was working fine until today. I am not sure what is causing this... it is extremely aggravating. I'm going to wait a few days and see if others who have hard reseted on AU still have notification problems.

Merenor

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Today I also didn't get notification from WhatsApp and Messenger. I change notification priority of both from High to Normal, did a soft reset and then notifications showed up

rponting

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
@techfreak1- My problem got resolved with hard reset in AU. I'm using a 640xl. Your case seems a little odd. Maybe there's a problem with your device, firmware or something. I'm just guessing btw.

CronGM

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I was afraid the only fix involded a hard-reset. I have to travel tonight, but I'll do it first thing in the morning and I'll let you know how that goes.

anon(9897217)

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Turning off the phone and wait a time (30mins) and then turn on solved the Problem for my wife, my friend and for me.
Reboot and soft reset doesn't help.
The Problem is caused by the notification Center...

lowrider2107

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I deinstalled whatsapp beta and reinstalled the release version.
What I noticed is that the app is missing in the "notifications and actions" pane under settings.
Interestingly WA notifications seemed to work fine.

Next day the app IS listed in the "notifications and actions". All options ticked.
And the notifications STOP working :angry:

This could be coincidence... who knows. I'm fed up with this

RedSign

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
My problem recurred and I missed several messages in the last two days. A soft reset fixed the problem immediately. This problem makes the device quite unreliable. :crying:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I deinstalled whatsapp beta and reinstalled the release version.
What I noticed is that the app is missing in the "notifications and actions" pane under settings.
Interestingly WA notifications seemed to work fine.

Next day the app IS listed in the "notifications and actions". All options ticked.
And the notifications STOP working :angry:

This could be coincidence... who knows. I'm fed up with this

You made the error enabling "Keep private on lockscreen" if you ticked all notification.

Remember, apps are listed in Notifies list only after first notify

EDIT: Whatsapp is a infamous one of the baddesp app togheter with FB. SOmetimes you need closing it and reopening for makin work again flawlessy

RedSign

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Write to Facebook developers, they made a mess with whatsapp

There were also missing notifications for messages in Telegram so I would rather blame Microsoft and the notification system in Windwos 10 Mobile than Facebook/WhatsApp. Besides that, the problems began with the Anniversary Update and there have never been any problems with missing notifications for me with prior versions of Windows 10 Mobile.

rponting

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I still get notifications but WhatsApp as a whole is a lot buggy now... Groups you mute show notifications, the app becomes dead slow while getting simultaneous messages at the same time and many other issues :cryingheretoo:

Maceart

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Still broken here on unlocked Lumia 950. Tried Whatsapp Beta, tried regular Whatsapp, notifications are completely broken unless I open the app itself.

Strangely Whatsapp is missing from the Notifications and Actions setting.

This is ****ed up Microsoft. I'm not hard resetting just to fix your damn servers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes