Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.1066 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
OK.. Nothing has changed really, between when I posted this message earlier and now, other than me not really using my phone. Now it's working again. Weeeiiird.
Did you try the flashlight while charging the phone? At least earlier (Windows Phone 8.1) flashlight (apps) didn't work while charging. Haven't tested it lately though.

edit: Just tested. Flashlight won't work if you are charging the battery.

Last edited:

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Did you try the flashlight while charging the phone? At least earlier (Windows Phone 8.1) flashlight (apps) didn't work while charging. Haven't tested it lately though.

edit: Just tested. Flashlight won't work if you are charging the battery.

Diamond67... I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I think this may have been coincidence that I didn't try turning on the flashlight until just after I had gotten this latest build.. lol.

Weird that they don't want to let you see in the dark while charging..

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Have you had problems with this build with display turning dark? As if I changed brightness to a level below minimum.

I have this issue when I unlock the phone sometimes, and it goes away after I lock it again and unlock it. I have a Lumia 730. And sometimes the display turn bright, but rarely.

My girlfriend also has a similar problem on her Lumia 650 since yesterday. But in her case it doesn't happen while unlocking the phone but during usage. It just turns darker at some moment.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

skarebrian

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Just read through all 10 pages - only one guy said his Microsoft Edge didn´t work. I have two W10 phones on 693 and neither will load up Edge.
I am guessing an update is something between hard and soft reset, so all should be OK on 693 by now - or ?
( never seem to get answers on this forum - but try looking for Windows Phone support - non-existant ).
Is there absolutely no one reading here that cannot get Edge to load ?

Brian

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
On which build are you? And which phone is that?

If it has this issue you described, I really doubt waiting for the next update, which could be in March, could help. It's not anything between soft reset or hard reset, that's just our hope that we won't have to do a hard reset, or use WDRT. :)

If you have phone which came with w10m, then I would recommend using WDRT without using any backup. If it is not the case, I would still recommend the same, but in that case that would be much more time consuming, so you may want to do a hard reset instead. But if that doesn't solve the issue, then you would have to do the WDRT thing, and you would feel like you have wasted some if your time. :) Though that wouldn't be too much if your time since you could check how Edge works right after the hard reset.

And keep in mind, if you do a hard reset while on Anniversary Update, your Outlook calendar live tile will stop working.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Brian, what phones are they? I have two Lumia 650's on this ring, one Lumia 635 on this ring and a Lumia 650 on fast ring. My 635 with only 512 ram will have to try couple times once and a while to load and all of them on heavily ad infested sites will reload the page couple times then crash with messages that site cannot be found or something like that.
But none of that is common, just on occasion.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
If I got him correctly, he cannot start Edge at all? He can't even try to load a page in Edge if I'm not wrong?

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Then I believe WDRT would fix your issue. I also have a Lumia 730, and a know several people who use a 730 or 735, and none of them has this this issue. You may wait for another update, but I don't think that would help. You may want to ask about this in Lumia 730/735 section before using WDRT though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon