PowerPoint file won't open: W10M problem or HP Elite X3 problem?

karlo88

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I bought an HP Elite X3 because it is marketed as a business phone. But, I find that it cannot open a large, 50 mb Powerpoint file that resides on Onedrive.* An error statement comes up, or it takes forever to open, far, far longer than one can ask others to wait. On the other hand, my Lumia 1020 running W8.1M has no problem at all. Both are connected to the same, fast wifi network.

I have no problem opening the file using Office Online, from OneDrive. I have no problem opening the file using the installed Powerpoint on my Surface 2, again, from OneDrive.

The W10M build on the Elite X3, and the associated Powerpoint and OneDrive apps, is the latest, 10.0.14393.321.

Is the problem with W10M or with the HP Elite X3? If the latter, I'll return the phone and get a Lumia 950 XL, which has a better camera, external camera button, removable battery, and Glance. I mean, why sacrifice those consumer friendly features if the X3 isn't business-ready. If the problem is W10M, then I'll have to consider staying with my Lumia 1020 or other options.

mrmobileperformance

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Try to install the Production Preview build to see if the problem is fixed in the next build to be released. If your more adventurous you can try the Slow Ring build. I'm running the latest Fast-Ring Insider build on my X3, and I find it to be quite stable.

Sent from mTalk

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Interesting.
One alternative I can think of is to manually download the file first (open the OneDrive app, go to you file, download it to a folder in your phone, and then from powerpoint open you now local file). I usually do this previously to avoid having to wait when opening files, though I haven't had problems opening them from OneDrive so far (except for having to wait a little while it downloads).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowaHooley