GOOD Work app yet?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
One of the clients I support strictly uses the Good for mobile enterprise access. Anyone out there know why it is taking BB/GOOD so long to update the current GFE app in the Microsoft store? Will they ever bring a new suite to Windows 10 M, GOOD Work maybe?

Even though the current GOOD app installs, starts and syncs it is not really worth using compared to the iOS version.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I have since added some replies on the Blackberry/Good community forums. There are more than several good discussions surrounding the move from GFE to Good Work and BES12, but lots of unanswered questions regarding W10 mobile devices.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I figured out a workaround. BES 12 which is what the good dynamics/good work works out of has actually supported Windows Phone Windows 10/Mobile since the beginning. So there's a tutorial out there from blackberry.com on how to activate the Windows 10 Mobile devices. I was able to benefit from that piece and I am good to go now.

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I was told by my IT department, that to use Blackberry Work for e-mail (our GOOD for Enterprise is going away apparently), they needed to have Azure to get it on Windows 10 M, which they don't use. And since I'm the only one using Windows 10 Mobile, they aren't going to start using it, just for the one person there stupid enough to use W10M. The app is unavailable through the public "Store", and you have to use Azure to get access to the "Enterprise Store". So now I have to try to convince AT&T to replace my phone with an Android device under my warranty. Which I was thinking of doing anyway, since the camera app decides not to save videos and pictures at random, and Edge is crap, and won't download websites on a regular basis.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I realized there was no need for a bes client. I just use exchange and all is good. Since they use Office 365 exchange it works out perfect. The bes/good work services is for the less secure Androids it seems.

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
That didn't work for me. But it was a moot point. I accidentally drowned my 950 at a Poker Run (for ATVs/SxS's), and my insurance gave me a S7 Edge to replace it. Not missing the 950 except for Cortana's full integration

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That didn't work for me. But it was a moot point. I accidentally drowned my 950 at a Poker Run (for ATVs/SxS's), and my insurance gave me a S7 Edge to replace it. Not missing the 950 except for Cortana's full integration

Bummer to hear about the 950. Crazy how everyone wants one to use a Samsung or Apple....Did they give you a choice between the s7 and something else?

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Bummer to hear about the 950. Crazy how everyone wants one to use a Samsung or Apple....Did they give you a choice between the s7 and something else?
They actually wanted to give me a Galaxy S6. I live chatted, telling them I didn't like the last Samsung I had, and they apologized, saying my only other option was an S7 Edge. I was like, um, yeah, I'll take that instead, lol. However, my wife's S5 Active crapped out, and insurance sent her an S7 Active. She didn't like it, but I do (no case, digi-camo, love it), so we switched, no problems. The girl in IT gave me a dirty look when I brought up yet another phone that needed set up for Blackberry, lol. But other than that, it's been pretty good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk