Outlook Mail + Calendar not updating in store - error 0x80073cf9

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else getting this?
I know that somebody in MS screwed up......again!!
I can't use neither of these apps....which are....like....2 of the most vital ones!:angry:

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Tried turn off/on, soft reset, hard reset..........nothing worked.
Apple screwed up with iOS 11 and MS......always tries to do even worse!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft is aware of the problem and working to correct it (https://www.onmsft.com/news/microso...-where-some-stock-windows-10-apps-wont-update). I personally have an interop unlocked Lumia, had the same issue so I just uninstalled mail/calendar and the downloaded the new version from the store fine after that. That's not ideal for everyone though. And for desktop its jot that easy either.

Edit: Wait you can't even use them? Did you try the reset option from Apps?
Edit 2: Ok so you are using mobile and when you open the app it says Get it now and wont open, right? This happened to me yesterday after a hard reset. I had to like I said uninstall the app using interop tools on my Lumia, and then re-download it from scratch in the store.

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Capturar.JPG

Basically If I choose the left choice it takes me to the store and starts dowloading and ends up failling.
If I choose the right one "Transfer later" it closes and takes me to the initial screen!

Thus......can't use the old app (installed in the phone) and neither the updated one because it doesn't update!
This is unacceptable! Feels like MS staff that handle these updates and stuff, are plain amateurs!!
I can't see my e-mail and neither my appointments! How low can you go MS?

PS: lumia 535

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I too am getting the same problem since yesterday - Outlook Mail and Calendar app not updating and giving errors in both my Lumia and laptop.I have given feedback in the official Feeddback app.
A few days ago it happened with the Store app.

malvo26

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
At least your not alone with that problem. Since yesterday I can't update outlook mail and calendar on my 950 XL. It tries to install but just loops the download. The program itself works without a problem. I hope a fix comes out soon.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
The issue seems to have been resolved. Outlook Mail and Calendar app downloaded and installed today normally after 2 days of showing error while updating.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes all done on my SP4, phone downloading now, I did have to cancel the previous download on the phone that was showing an error, and then do "Get Updates" again.

Got side tracked by a phone call, 950XL downloaded and installed.

All sorted

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Also had this error for 2days. Outlook mail and calender was updated today on my lumia 950 xl, but still have the same error code when film&tv app updates. The app is working fine but doesn't update.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Also had this error for 2days. Outlook mail and calender was updated today on my lumia 950 xl, but still have the same error code when film&tv app updates. The app is working fine but doesn't update.

Films & TV received an update on 26th Sept in my Lumia (Insider Release Preview) and today on my laptop (Non Insider). There was no problem in updating. I had this with Store app a few days ago both on mobile and laptop.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I started a thread over on the 950XL forum for this same issue...

Ive just Updated Outlook there tonight about 2 hrs ago.. but its a VERY Slow d/load.. takes about 10-15 mins for the 62MB file, so be patient :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon