Bottom Windows Phone Bar blocking App Buttons

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
When using some apps - I get my screen truncated a little bit at the bottom- it drives me nuts!

Some apps I have to rotate the phone to landscape and I can see everything.

Some apps - don't allow it.

Anyone else?

WP_20181230_12_09_27_Pro.jpg

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Never seen this on my 950 XL on any app I use so far. Can't you just swipe up from the bottom of the screen to hide the nav bar at the bottom to view the full screen? Did you by any chance change the screen setting for size of text, apps and objects from the recommended default setting? Setting text scaling to high could also cause problems like this.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I never saw anything like that on any of my WP devices either. It looks like whatever it is not scaled properly to the screen. As @fin11 has said, have you changed anything like font size or anything like that?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Your dpi setting might be higher than default. Under display settings if it's set higher than the default size all apps text and windows are enlarged. It has happened to me but only in a handful of apps. So I swipe up to hide the NAV bar if I need to.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft not giving priority or any kind of attention to detail to mobile...

Sadly that is very true. Does a hard reset fix the issue? It may be drastic though. If not, it's inherent to the OS and so depends on MS to fix it. They most likely may not.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Sadly that is very true. Does a hard reset fix the issue? It may be drastic though. If not, it's inherent to the OS and so depends on MS to fix it. They most likely may not.
I don't know. I'd be inclined to adjust the display of apps and things on the screen to be smaller first if possible to see if that works.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. I'd be inclined to adjust the display of apps and things on the screen to be smaller first if possible to see if that works.

Try that, to see if it's a scaling issue. If not, a hard reset would be good to try (obviously, backup your data first). If it still remains after that then it would be inherent to the OS, which isn't good, because MS don't really care about fixing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital