New Lumia with Warranty

AtuljitK

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
Amazon in my country is selling new Lumia 550 and 950 xl with 1 year warranty. Eager to know , how does this warranty hold If the OS support itself ends in Dec 19?

Country India

Can someone shed some light?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Amazon in my country is selling new Lumia 550 and 950 xl with 1 year warranty. Eager to know , how does this warranty hold If the OS support itself ends in Dec 19?

Country India

Can someone shed some light?

Most importantly how much do they cost?

Also is it Amazon or a seller of Amazon i.e Amazon Marketplace - always check the right hand side to see who is selling the phones. Sometimes Amazon does the shipping on behalf of a merchant.

I would suggest spending as little as possible on any WM10 devices.

AtuljitK

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
the seller is registered with Amazon (seems to be a local shop) and amazon just delivers. but the item description says 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months for accessories, so got curious. will this hold true if the device gets some problems. .

550 costs about $99 ,which I was interested in

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the seller is registered with Amazon (seems to be a local shop) and amazon just delivers. but the item description says 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months for accessories, so got curious. will this hold true if the device gets some problems. .

That seems rather expensive to me for a phone that was released 4 years ago.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That seems rather expensive to me for a phone that was released 4 years ago.

Yup, it is epecially given that WM10 is EOL'd and L950 XLs are available off ebay for a similiar price range.
@AtuljitK at that price.. avoid it lol - it's worth 10 bucks and no more. Have a look on ebay, you will find better deals for the L950 series. Given the current situation it would be improper to recommend anything less than the L950 series as they are no longer worth it given WM10 is eol'd.

AtuljitK

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
I am hesitant to buy from ebay international since most don't deliver to India. even if they do duties add upto the price :(

950 xl is selling for about $300 from same seller on amazon with warranty

wish I could find a good seller from ebay who delivers to India with low cost

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am hesitant to buy from ebay international since most don't deliver to India. even if they do duties add upto the price :(

I see and fair point about import duties.

950 xl is selling for about $300 from same seller on amazon with warranty

wish I could find a good seller from ebay who delivers to India with low cost

Unfortunately the 950XL isn't worth that much either given the EOL'd status of WM10 and also soon there will be no whatsapp on the platform.

At the end of the day it's your hard earned cash so it's your call :).

J Dubbs

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site

They're not new, and Microsoft won't honor the warranty, and neither will the shop selling them. And Amazon won't do anything for you either except for maybe helping you return them within your refund window. Stay far away from them.... it's just another Amazon market place scam.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon