Voice dictation into OneNote?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Is there a way to talk repeated notes into a OneNote folder -- where the words are transcribed ... not saved as an audio file.

Noticed that Cortana can take a quick note -- and she creates a OneNote file -- where she transcribes the one statement AND records the audio. But would like to add to that -- with notes.

Here's the scenario. I'd like to open a OneNote called "grocery shopping" and say "milk," and then OneNote transcribes it. Then, a second or two later say "bread" and One Note transcribes it - adding it to the list.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
why not just take one long voice note in one note, then transcribe the whole thing?

I see what the OP is after. Looks in fridge. Sees they need milk. Make a note. Sees they need eggs. Make a note. Checks the cheese, good there. Checks the yogurt, need some. Make a note.

The OP doesn't want 50 separate notes to buy 50 items on a weekly shopping trip. And with "Cortana take a note" any pause in speaking and the note is wrapped up and put away.

In Windows 10 Mobile there is a voice input button on the keyboard. Open OneNote > tap mic > state item > tap mike > tap enter for next line

Best of all, if you turn on checklist it persists through the process and you get the check box on each line...

wp_ss_20160307_0003.png

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
In WM 8.1 I was able to record audio notes within OneNote, but now in WM 10 it doesn't appear that I can do this. If I tap the microphone icon... the longest I can record is less than 5 seconds. It seems now if I want to save an audio note, I first have to record in Voice recorder then attach the audio file into my note in OneNote.

mjlenox

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, using OneNote for this on a mobile device works well, even on Android. What about on my desktop OneNote, though? Seems bass ackwards that Microsoft would allow a powerful feature like that in the mobile app and leave it out of the full-blown desktop program. Maybe I'm not seeing how to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2