Discussion following the Windows 10 Event!

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Waiting room for W10:4 days to go:

If the final product is even close to this I will be happy but I doubt Microsoft will be bold enough to move the status bar haha

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I was expecting transparent tiles and the gaps between the tiles are too big :/ . If its really w10 then i'll be disappointed 

I can already say that you or maybe someone else will be dissapointed, people are expecting way too much from W10 (me included) so what I am going to do right now is better to low my expectations. And its more likely that it wont be anything special if they are showing it so soon.

Yeah IMO that is actually the most epic concept Ive seen but we can only dream.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

oh and by the way, will it be possible to watch that event LIVE? If so, feel free to link me,

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

my expectations really high this time for windows phone 10 .... i hope i won't get disappointed

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

my expectations really high this time for windows phone 10 .... i hope i won't get disappointed

Same here..I hope that developers will get more freedom too. Also better notification center, with more toggles, I think 4 is not enough, at least for me.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I can already say that you or maybe someone else will be dissapointed, people are expecting way too much from W10 (me included) so what I am going to do right now is better to low my expectations. And its more likely that it wont be anything special if they are showing it so soon.

Yeah IMO that is actually the most epic concept Ive seen but we can only dream.

I guess it's the only logical thing for every one to expect great things from W10 since it is a major release.

I expect the same functionalities increment we had with WP7->WP8 ... nothing less. Even WP8.1 brought a lot of new functionalities and it would be really a shame if W10 would only bring custom background + interactive Tiles.

It is time for Microsoft to start fullfilling the expectations they create when they speak of ONE WINDOWS (to rule them all).

shoaib shah

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I hope that have really thought everything through, taken time to deliberate on our feedback and make WP experience a better and more enjoyable user friendly experience!

Countdown begins

Microsoft bring it on !

Silent Rage

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if this is legit, but this just popped up on the Internet. At the very least, it's pleasing to look at.
windows10.jpg

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

I guess it's the only logical thing for every one to expect great things from W10 since it is a major release.

I expect the same functionalities increment we had with WP7->WP8 ... nothing less. Even WP8.1 brought a lot of new functionalities and it would be really a shame if W10 would only bring custom background + interactive Tiles.

It is time for Microsoft to start fullfilling the expectations they create when they speak of ONE WINDOWS (to rule them all).

I agree. Certainly, they can't make everyone happy, but Windows Phone 10 has to be huge. A few things off the top of my head: Metro 2.0 needs to have an updated visual style - as awesome as it was in 2010, it's getting a bit long in tooth. But more importantly, it needs to have powerful functionality like interactive tiles. The lock screen customization needs to be more sophisticated than simply updating a picture (the ability to add music controls, etc). The maps need to be legit Bing Maps, like the Preview app on big Windows, not the reskinned version of HERE maps that we have now... with alternate routes, and an intuitive interface. Skype should be their version of Hangouts, maybe as the default messaging app, handling even SMS. Have some really, truly useful, gotta-have-it synergy between big Windows and Windows Phone - something akin to Continuity on Apple's side. Even simple things like, when editing an appointment in the calendar, autosuggest places as I type in the location field. No more "resuming..." screens and unreliable multitasking. And seriously, fix the Xbox Music app so that it's not just passable, but actually a beautiful, fast, wonderful experience.

I'm not expecting even all these things to grow the Windows tablet/phone market overnight, but Microsoft has to give people a reason to say, hey wow.. that's better in some respects than what I have now, ways that I can really benefit from. As great as WP8.1 is, as huge an update as that was, let's be honest: it was still playing catch up. That needs to stop. Microsoft cannot drop the ball on this one. The good news is, I think they know that. With all the flailing around they did in the past 2 years to fix Windows 8 and to (barely) bring Windows Phone up to speed, I think they get that with Windows 10, they can have a fresh start. But they need to do it right.

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I was expecting transparent tiles and the gaps between the tiles are too big :/ . If its really w10 then i'll be disappointed 😞

This is real . The battery icon is the same in build 9879. I think could be right. Ms is going to give something amazing. Compare that start screen with your own. And see the difference with I find the most realistic

nolanpangestu

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Waiting room for W10:3 days to go:

I am very excited for windows 10, specially for phone.. I hope MS really make a true movement to beat other competitors.. Wednesday gonna be judgement day for MS to prove that windows 10 is a big loop or a worst one for ever.. This is last chance MS.. Don't disappointed us.. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon