Cortana not doing everything she used to...

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Past few days, my Cortana isn't doing everything she usually does in terms of notifications. Usually I get a banner up top when one of my sports teams games end, and the "time to leave for work" "time to go home" notifications too. None have happened for the past week, though I did finally get the Leave for Work one this morning. I did a hard reset yesterday, but got nothing when my team won last night. Am I missing anything else that might be up? The alerts are all set to happen in the interests settings.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Past few days, my Cortana isn't doing everything she usually does in terms of notifications. Usually I get a banner up top when one of my sports teams games end, and the "time to leave for work" "time to go home" notifications too. None have happened for the past week, though I did finally get the Leave for Work one this morning. I did a hard reset yesterday, but got nothing when my team won last night. Am I missing anything else that might be up? The alerts are all set to happen in the interests settings.

Same here, especially for the "Time to leave" notifications. I tried to debug the issue in numerous ways (settings, reset, remove, region reset, language, send feedback, restart, soft reset, power-off-count-to-15-power-on, threaten phone... but I didn't go as far as a hard reset or fresh OS install) but I just never received the notifications again. This was for my L1020 a few months ago and now for my L535.

However, I must mention that just a few hours ago the Cortana live tile displayed the estimated travel time to my next appointment given the current traffic conditions, but no information about this is displayed in the landing page (after tapping the live tile) and there was no notification. Also, the live tile displayed the estimated travel time for my 3PM appointment when it was already 3:26PM.

Perhaps the "BETA" at the upper right of the landing page of Cortana would shed some light for us.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 has been doing th same thing since denim. It's also having problems with the screen rotation. My guess is, have to hard reset to fix it. Does the 1020/535 have denim also?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 has been doing th same thing since denim. It's also having problems with the screen rotation. My guess is, have to hard reset to fix it. Does the 1020/535 have denim also?

My L535 was shipped with Denim. The official (non-PFD) Denim update is already available for some L1020s. However, my L1020 didn't have Denim yet when Cortana stopped notifying me. My L1020 is still in the service center so I can't test it right now... and Denim for the L1020 is still not available in my country.

As for the screen rotation (side topic), a hard reset worked according to other L1520 users as can be read in this thread and this thread.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Glad to hear I'm not the only one on this; didn't get my time to leave this morning, guess I'll see tonight when the Clippers play if I get told what the score is. Hopefully this stuff is fixed on the back end.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, Cortana let me know the Clippers won last night, and I was told to leave for work this morning....maybe things are fixed?

Well, that's good news. I'll just wait for the fix to take effect on my side - as of yesterday, Cortana still didn't remind me that it was time to go to work. Will update when "she" does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3