I installed the Windows 10 beta from Window 7 a few days ago. I installed all the recent updates. Everything was working fine but then yesterday, I watched something on YouTube for about an hour and at that point the mouse became unresponsive. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works. I've shut down, re-booted, gone into the bios but with no success. Windows 10 will open but the mouse remains unresponsive. I even plugged-in a brand new mouse but that hasn't helped at all.

I have another hard drive with Windows 8.1 from my other PC that has a defective motherboard and out of frustration, I installed the drive from that PC on this one. It works but sometimes I have to re-boot my PC a few times on start-up and then if I leave a browser open for a while without activity, the browser becomes unresponsive and although the mouse cursor works, it is not able to do anything.

Any ideas?
    07-11-2015 03:47 PM
    Is there any set of drivers you can try from the mouse manufacturer's website?

Go to device manager and uninstall the drivers and try and reinstall manually.
    07-11-2015 05:09 PM
    Did you try another USB port? Perhaps the one your mouse is connected to can be broken.
    Is it a wireless mouse? Than the radio can be broken.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-12-2015 02:29 AM