The Windows Central Windows 10 Tailgate party!

pbike908

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Forget screwing around with Windows Update. If you are a windows insider just go the windows insider page, login, and then download. Click on the media creation tool -- it's really the actual download. It will then create the BT Folder (or overwrite your existing one) and then automatically do the update.

Remember to the UPDATE and not clean install. MIcrosoft said to update and then go back and create installation media and do the clean install.

Good luck and Good night!!! I live in Colorado, so I was able to download the files before midnight my time.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Forget screwing around with Windows Update. If you are a windows insider just go the windows insider page, login, and then download. Click on the media creation tool -- it's really the actual download. It will then create the BT Folder (or overwrite your existing one) and then automatically do the update.

Remember to the UPDATE and not clean install. MIcrosoft said to update and then go back and create installation media and do the clean install.

Good luck and Good night!!! I live in Colorado, so I was able to download the files before midnight my time.

What? what do you mean clean install?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Recovery page is interesting "Go Back To Windows 8.1...this option is only available for a month after you install Windows 10"

queentut16

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
And installed in Seattle on my sp3 ... the 'sit back and relax' bit was actually quite fast .. not long enough for me to panic too much. Now we'll see how the getting all set up part goes. This could take a while. /neurotic

update: sweeet! it kept way more of my settings than I'd dared hoped for. and so far applications all running okay. /phew /knockonwood
had only been doing preview on an old old laptop so I had no idea. yay :D

Pittsburghkid1967

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
It is 1:18 ET here and I went with using the tool on insiders page. Have 3 systems here getting the bits on a unusually slow speed. My have to hook an IV coffee drip and watch the sunrise at this rate. Good luck to all burning the midnight oil.

geoffreyrascher

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Untitled.jpg

Done.

mjyumping You need to do do an update first so your license on the machine will upgrade. After that, you can boot from the install media, format your system disk, and do a clean install where everything is new and nothing remains from your previous OS.

mgfootballer

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I must be having a major brain fart because it's late. I am on the insider preview. If I remove myself from insider builds, my activation will eventually become non-genuine, correct? Right now it says it is activated.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
naodloZ.png

The deed is done.​ Also for whatever reason this forum is almost unusable on Edge.

Pre1

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Like I already posted, these steps got Windows 10 to start properly installing for me:

What this error means is, your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted. Now, how do you fix that?
1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time

Vouching, this 100% works, well it did for me! :grin:

Edit: but it does re-download everything, I had a 6.5GB folder that it is replacing and is taking its sweet time on my gigabit connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon