Network adapters not working on Surface Pro after upgrading to Windows 10

HidingTrouble

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my Surface Pro to Windows 10 and after I did wifi stopped working. Went to Control Panel to check the adapters and none were listed. Checked device manager and saw that the Marvell adpater was working properly. So I tried a usb wifi adpater I have and had the same problem. Kinda at loss. Had to roll back to 8.1

KillaRizzay

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Also experiencing this issue. One guy said he reinstalled win 10 again and it worked. I used the ISO, and then tried the firmware and driver patches released yesterday (28) by MS. No luck so far.

U2men

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
As stated somewhere, the cause of the problem is some kind of VPN clients installed. I'm going to rollback to 8.1 but before update I want to remove Hyper-V and sonicwall global VPN client. Then will try again. Anyway please check this out.

HidingTrouble

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Yep the VPN client was it. Thanks! Now let's see if I can reinstall the client. Don't think it will since it didn't on my desktop running insider builds.

AK12005

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem but it took a while to find some way to find the VPN application..

Go to Control Panel (its not that easy to find on Windows 10 - one easy way is tap the bottom of the screen and in the search box enter "control panel" without the quote marks. Or open "File explorer" and you'll see it near the bottom in the list f folders and other stuff on the left of the screen) and go to "Programs and Features" and then "Turn Windows features on or off". Look for a box next to "Hyper-V" and uncheck it if it is checked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes