Is there any way to have Cortana use Google as the default search engine instead of Bing?

RKVetMed

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I just got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 pre-installed. I like the assistant feature and see myself using it a lot as this laptop was purchased specifically for work. However, after searching through the settings and getting it all set up, I can't figure out how to change the default search engine. I prefer google as I use google for all my personal accounts as well as my business accounts. Is there a way to have Cortana use Google instead of Bing?
I was not blessed with the gift of easily understanding the world of computers. I love the idea of whatever technological innovation has or is going to be released this week but lack the ability to actually integrate "it" (whatever "it" might be) into my life. That said, I do realize that it is very likely a stupid question. So, being that I have already pointed out how laughably ignorant I am in this area, I ask that your answers please be nice. If this question is just too stupid/annoying for you, please just move on and lend a hand elsewhere. I have only used a forum one other time in my life and it was an extraordinarily unhelpful and actually hurtful experience that I would like very much not to repeat. Thank you for your time and thank you in advance for any help offered to me on this issue.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
This is actually a great community, with a lot of great people (not including me, I'm the worse of the lot).
Anyways, Cortana is just Bing wrapped in a lovely package. Bing is an integral part of Cortana, and everything about Cortana is run by Bing. Sorry, I'm afraid you can't change that. After all, Bing is Microsoft's, just as Cortana is. You can't change Google Now to Bing.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)