How can I in Windows 10 easily swap between power options?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how can i in Windows 10 easily swap between power options?

in Windows 8, I could right click on the task bar's battery icon and then swap between pre-set power settings. in Windows 10 this is no longer possible. I need to right click on it, then click on power options and then there select the new power plan. so one EXTRA step.
I know it does not sound like much, but it is 50% slower... can this get fixed please

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can i in Windows 10 easily swap between power options?

Right-clicking the START MENU button -> POWER OPTIONS seems to be the only quick way so far. You probably could create yourself a shortcut to the power options but, in the end of the day, this doesn't sound easier.

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: how can i in Windows 10 easily swap between power options?

Pretty sure you can do it via the command line. Just create a shortcut for each profile you want to switch between. Voila! Two clicks, even easier than before. You could also pin the shortcut to your taskbar or put them in a toolbar and drop it to just one click.

These instructions will tell you how to do it. They predate Windows 10 but should still work fine. Worst case, the GUIDs changed and you have to use method 2 to find the correct ones (but they most likely haven't changed because there is no good reason to do so).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon