What tweaks can I make to Win 10 to have it as similar to 8.1 as possible

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a Win 10 fan and just love Win 8.1. But I realize MS support will disappear for 8.1 sooner or later so feel like I do need to update.

How can I make Win 10 function like Win 8.1 to the extent possible? Like maybe setting adjustments that are available or third party apps.

What I'm most interested in is keeping Windows as touchscreen friendly as possible. I hate the taskbar at the bottom. I use autohide but it still seems to pop up and not go away when I'm playing some apps. The buttons in edge are too small to be touch friendly. Anyway to have cortana and more touch friendly buttons? I already tried 10 in tablet mode but still not great.

I liked being able to swipe the charms menu within any application and have the time show up. Now all I get is a notification center - anyway to turn a big font clock on that notification center instead?

I liked how I could swipe between programs in 8.1. I don't like bringing up opened program thumnails instead of just switching from one program to the next with the swipe. I'm guessing I'm out of luck here but if there is a way to swipe between application the way 8.1 did it but using 10, I'd love to know.

I know I'm not going to be able to turn 10 into 8.1, but if guys have any tips on making it at least someone like 8.1, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
So far the only thing I've found is putting start into full screen. I've also been looking up keyboard shortcuts, which I used constantly in 8.1, but don't seem to be quite the same in 10. 10 is definitely not as fluid on my laptop or tablet as 8.1 was, but I'm in the same boat as you, where I know eventually I'll have to go to 10, so I may as well go now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon