Windows 10 upgrade

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro 2 and recently got the Windows 10 upgrade invite. However, the upgrade refuses to download. Every time it comes to 30-40%, there is some or the other error msg. Can somebody help me? I have tried the system support options. No change in situation :(

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Eby Creek

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Go to the Microsoft website and download the Windows 10 ISO to a USB drive. Just make sure you download the correct version. 32, 64 bit and home or pro version.

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Eby.

I am slightly challenged whennit comes to technology. Use a Surface Pro 2. What option should I download? Would really appreciate the support

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro 2 and recently got the Windows 10 upgrade invite. However, the upgrade refuses to download. Every time it comes to 30-40%, there is some or the other error msg. Can somebody help me? I have tried the system support options. No change in situation :(

Hey there,

Was facing the same situation, turns out the first downloaded files for upgrade were buggy, so upgrade keep failing after 40% or so. What I did is I delete all the upgrade files, and force Windows Update to download it again, after that it will install immediately.

Here is the tutorial http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/28/h...tart-downloading-the-windows-10-update-files/

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks so much for the feedback. That's exactly when it was failing, around 40-50%. How do I delete the previous downloads? Sorry but I am not very tech savvy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes