what the - all emails from my live.com before october deleted

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I went to find an email that was in my inbox, I knew it was still there cause I made sure it was, today I couldn't find it, vanished without a trace. I searched in vain, nothing. Looked around it turns out any email before October is gone, in my inbox and sub folders which is not good! I need a lot of these for reference.

Anyone had anything like this or know why? seriously thinking about going to google mail which was the last thing I wanted to do! but I cant have randomly deleting emails, its not on with my job.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Please check your account settings, and make sure it is showing "all email" and not only the last 2 weeks.....

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I checked that, checked on the app, checked online, the emails have vanished, and this is not the first time I have noticed this happening, it happened last month to important emails too. Is there some crazy setting somewhere that outlook will automatically delete an email once it is a certain age?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
and aren't your mail on Deleted folder? all emails would go to there unless you really empty the delete folder.
Outlook or mail apps don't have a way to delete your mail, only if it was POP and you checked the box that says about deleting the email when they arrive on your mail client.

so this sounds strange, you might want to enable the "Let me recover deleted messages" and see if you get them. or maybe you can check if they were buried on a folder or something. I have many alias and stuff on my outlook and no mail has been deleted or anything.

I am sorry but you are overreacting about it, it was you or someone else who caused this. apps can't really do it, and even if they do it, they would go to deleted folder and there is no way to by pass deleted folder, all deleted email will go there.

Maybe you have a rule that delete mails after X days, so you can also go to Manage Rules and check everything is okay. you use that to move mails from a sender or anything to X folder including email but there is only 3, 10, 30, 60 days no more, no less. Outlook.com has nice rules system, but sometimes you can set it up without knowing you are doing it, and windows 10 app will just do what outlook.com says so I would go and check that too.
so it would be your fault if you set up the wrong rules and stuff, again, Outlook wouldn't delete anything automatically, I still have mails from 7 years ago, and they are still in the same place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon