Can I use two WhatsApp accounts on my Lumia 950 Dual Sim?

biltaji

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I am currently using two sims and it's fantastic. I am trying to understand if I can use two (2) WhatsApp accounts on the phone. I can't find an option on WhatsApp or in phone settings?

Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks..

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
How does the dual SIM thing work please? Are both active at the same time, so you can receive calls from either? When you make a call, how do you select which line you're using? How does the data allowance applicable to each SIM get used?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
How does the dual SIM thing work please? Are both active at the same time, so you can receive calls from either? When you make a call, how do you select which line you're using? How does the data allowance applicable to each SIM get used?

Yes both are active and you can receive calls from either

You can choose by pull down in the dialer which sim to call from, or you can use the separate sim1 sim2 dialers... up to you what you prefer.

Data is defined for each sim. Data sense today doesn't seem to track very well however.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Oh btw, I need to add that you can only choose ONE sim for data at a time. You specify and it will switch the bands around for the sims. 3g/4G/LTE is for data connection and the other sim will need to connect to 2G.

So if you want to flip back and forth between sims for data usage, you'll want to make sure that both SIM you use, support 2G connection, on whatever mobile provider you are using, to be able to keep receiving/making phone calls on both sim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon