Flip to Silence

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have this option or is it currently missing from W10M?

I've seen a few threads suggesting it's in Touch under Extras + Info, but not there on my 925 running 10586.164. Not a big miss, but nice to have when the phone rings mid-conversation.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have this option or is it currently missing from W10M?

I've seen a few threads suggesting it's in Touch under Extras + Info, but not there on my 925 running 10586.164. Not a big miss, but nice to have when the phone rings mid-conversation.

Yes there is as always I guess you have the Touch + Gestures app to be updated, check in store

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Isn't this option listed under settings --> Extras --> Audio ---> Enhancements ??

In 8.1 I remember , now I can't find anymore, I didn't notice that till now

EDIT: tryin to push Audio system app with SysApp Pusher

EDIT2: Audio is moved into Equilizer app, but my 520 doesn't got hardware so no more enanchement and flip to mute :(
Infact it doesn't work, even with Gestures + Touch enabled in background

Last edited:

Mike Nelson5

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Flip to silence along with putting your phone to your ear to answers a incoming call and laying on the table to switch to speaker was under the system app gestures beta in 8.1 its not available in w10m another win for 8.1 and loss for w10m. I use this feature all the time and it sucks its not supported in windows 10. I have two 1520s one running 8.1 maybe forever and the other running w10m developer preview .164

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Flip to silence along with putting your phone to your ear to answers a incoming call and laying on the table to switch to speaker was under the system app gestures beta in 8.1 its not available in w10m another win for 8.1 and loss for w10m. I use this feature all the time and it sucks its not supported in windows 10. I have two 1520s one running 8.1 maybe forever and the other running w10m developer preview .164

I'm sure there was here before last gestures app updates, Gestures is not compatible with my 520 (no gyro hardware) so I'm missin some settings. Previous flip to mute used proximity sensor I guess

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks all for checking. It's not a big issue and I'm sure it's on the way - after all I first had this feature in an HTC Touch Pro running Windows Mobile 6.1.

Batuska1

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello, my L930 updated to W10M and I lost the flip-to-silence feature as well. Not big loss, but it was one of the nice things in WP. Did U managed to fix the issue?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello, my L930 updated to W10M and I lost the flip-to-silence feature as well. Not big loss, but it was one of the nice things in WP. Did U managed to fix the issue?

There's not currently available;
there's should be in Gestures + Touch settings and core app, and I hope they are working to a fix (some models had a strange conflict between double tap and proximity sensor)

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a host of issues relating to the screen and proximity sensor on my Lumia 640 and Windows 10. Most of the time, glance doesn't work, alerts don't wake the screen, the phone screen immediately goes dark on a call, tap to wake doesn't work, and the proximity sensor really doesn't do anything at all (screen doesn't turn off when turned over or covered). I've had times when these have worked in W10M but mostly they haven't. All these things worked on 8.1. I hypothesize that there is a problem with the proximity sensor and W10M.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a host of issues relating to the screen and proximity sensor on my Lumia 640 and Windows 10. Most of the time, glance doesn't work, alerts don't wake the screen, the phone screen immediately goes dark on a call, tap to wake doesn't work, and the proximity sensor really doesn't do anything at all (screen doesn't turn off when turned over or covered). I've had times when these have worked in W10M but mostly they haven't. All these things worked on 8.1. I hypothesize that there is a problem with the proximity sensor and W10M.

Double tap to wake and Flip to silence were removed for now on Glance phones. (these should be in the new Gestures & Touch system app)
Surely your sensor doesn't work, I suggest you to restore the phone reinstalling win10 again by Settings -> Info -> Restore (Phone will restore last downloaded build)

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately it's been this way for many builds, including a recent hard reset. So I don't think that will accomplish much, unfortunately.

The only thing that I can think of (other than a software/firmware problem) is that I do have a tempered glass screen protector, which does cover the area where the proximity sensor is. However, the touchscreen works totally fine through the screen protector and it worked while I had the screen protector + WP 8.1.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure there was here before last gestures app updates, Gestures is not compatible with my 520 (no gyro hardware) so I'm missin some settings. Previous flip to mute used proximity sensor I guess

it works with 520, it uses proximity for answering calls, my dad loved it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk