Cortana as a background assistant

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello all!
The "Hey Cortana" feature is a really nice feature to have. Sadly, if you give the command "Hey cortana play the next track" (for groove) Cortanas big UI opens just to play the next track, which would be unnecessary for this task. Even worse would be "Hey cortana play xyz on Groove" when Groove isn't open. Then Cortana doesn't only show up on the left side of the display, she even puts groove on foreground. I find it rather counterproductive and more easier to do it just myself without Cortana. Is there any solution to this? Maybe there exists something like "Hey cortana play the next track in background" or something similar? Or maybe another salutation for background tasks, where even the small cortana doesn't pop up (only sound feedback)?

I would be happy if someone has a solution. Thank you very much for reading!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately MS haven't programmed Cortana to function like you would want.. You can of course provide this feedback to them using the feedback app on your device.. Do a quick search to check if anyone else had a similar idea first and if there are a few, please upvote them first :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital