W10M outlook picture resizing

Bepa

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I am a 930 user currently with w8.1 and want to upgrade to w10.
Before I did the upgrade through insiders only to find out that when I attach pictures as mail attachements these are no longer resized but keeping their original size of +-5mb. This is causing me to be able to send only 1 or 2 pics per mail and draining my data limit too fast.
I use this function quite often for professional use. I take some pictures, then I attach up to 10 pictures in one mail and they are automatically resized to 450-600kb. Very handy for professional use.
I went back to 8.1 only for this reason.
Can someone tell me if this is now present again in the latest version of w10?
Or can someone advise me an alternative where it is very easy to select multiple pictures and resize them for easy mailing. I dont want to resize picture per picture and store them before I am able to send. This way I also have every picture double.

Thanks for any useful info.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a long round about way - what if you send the photos to yourself using whatsapp? the images are automatically reduced and then the images you save from whatsapp can be sent by email.

i know, it's a long method

I'll check later when I get home how the current mail app works with images and sending them

Bepa

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
That is somenthing I can do or test.

Downside on using this methed is that every picture shows double on the camera roll. Or am I wrong here?

Did you manage to test if the auto resizing is implemented back into outlook?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Downside on using this methed is that every picture shows double on the camera roll. Or am I wrong here?

haven't gotten around to it yet. Let me try now

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

So I've just tried it on my phone and this is what I have seen

If you use the attach option and select the picture from camera roll, the original size will be sent

However, if you start typing and then using the 3 dots at the bottom and you select on insert > pictures, you can select an image from camera roll and it is inserted directly into the email and not as an attachment. Now if you long press this picture, you'll get options for resizing - small, best fit and original size

I hope this helps

Bepa

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Yes, this helps a lot. Thanks for the feedback.
Now I am sure I can make the switch to W10M without any regrets :)

Bepa

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Update :

I just tested this method with one of my colleagues which has a 550 with w10 standard installed. He also did not know this was possible.

The following dimensions and picture size are being used when resizing pictures this way :

small : 225x126 10.5kb (this is quite useless at it is way to small)
best fitting : 620x1105 122kb (still a little too smal. especially the resolution could be better)
original : for some reason this doesn't seem to work

It still is not as good as it was in W8.1M. I now have to select every picture seperate and select how I want to resize. Then I send the mail to myself and right-click "save picture as" to save them in a folder. Only then I can attach them in another mail for my day to day business.

There is a also an app called "multiphotoshrink" which does actually a better job then the long way around as described above :) Only downside here is that after shrinking you have the pictures double in your camera roll. Oh well, just delete them after sending I guess.

Quite time consuming and I hope microsoft will change this.

Bepa

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
OK, for a few months now I am using the app "Ak's Photo Compressor" and it does the job realy good.
You open the app and you can immediatly select multiple photo's. Then you confirm and they are resized quite fast. Then you can select ready to share and choose from multiple options : mail account, whatsapp, OneDrive,...
When you send the pictures out you can choose to save the resized pictures or to immediatly delete them so they do not appear (double) in your camera roll.
Resized picture quality is good and around +-200kb in size. The app does all I need with just a few clicks more then it was in W8.1m where it could be done directly in outlook.

There was a free option, but I choosed to pay 1euro from the start for the full version. So no idea what functionality is lacking in the free version.

So for me the picture resizing issues are solved with this app. Share the knowledge :smile::wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon