in windows 7 and windows 8 windows defender is working , we can set removable devices auto scan. but in windows 10 - defender is not having menu options to removable driver auto scan facility.

is there any solution for this, or should i want to change any registry entry to make window defender GUI to previous version of defender.
    04-06-2016 03:49 AM
    As long as "Real Time Protection" is ON, Windows Defender actually is auto-scanning so to speak. If you plug a USB drive into the PC with something questionable on it, Defender will pop right up and let you know.

Otherwise, on Windows Defender's main page, you can choose the "Custom" scan option, and manually scan your removable drives etc.
    As long as "Real Time Protection" is ON, Windows Defender actually is auto-scanning so to speak. If you plug a USB drive into the PC with something questionable on it, Defender will pop right up and let you know.

Otherwise, on Windows Defender's main page, you can choose the "Custom" scan option, and manually scan your removable drives etc.
    RumoredNow and xandros9 like this.
    04-06-2016 09:01 AM
    If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-06-2016 01:50 PM