Disk space usage seems high

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a Surface Pro 4 back in Janaury and noted that the OS was taking up less than 16GB of hard drive space.

Last week I had to do a reset and ended up having to reinstall the OS from a USB (ran into all kinds of issues, but got there in the end....), but now the OS is taking up over 25GB of hard drive space.

Are there any files I can safely delete that may be chewing up the extra 8-10GB of space?

I've looked at the windows.old, but it's less than 600KB.

Have also ran the disk clean up tool after reinstalling Windows, but it only found 300MB of stuff it could get rid of.

Can anyone suggest any files I can safely get rid of in the Windows file?

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey there. When I install new builds etc. I use cleanmgr (a.k.a. Disk Cleanup). Type it in the search bar on the bottom of your desktop. It would be good to run that because it looks for unnecessary files in your computer and you can delete them that way.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey there. When I install new builds etc. I use cleanmgr (a.k.a. Disk Cleanup). Type it in the search bar on the bottom of your desktop. It would be good to run that because it looks for unnecessary files in your computer and you can delete them that way.

Thanks☺

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes