You do not have permission to access this device - Desktop to phone?

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
You do not have permission to access this device - Desktop to phone

Hello Everyone -

I have been a member of the Insider Program for Desktop since the beginning of the program. I have a desktop computer at work on a domain that uses my work logon and have also connected to my Microsoft account. I have a Lumia Icon also in the Insider program. Both are running 14332 at this point.

My question is this - about a year ago one of the releases broke my ability to connect my phone to my computer via a USB cable. Everything connects and shows in Windows explorer, but I receive this error if I try to click on the phone in explorer to access its files: You do not have permission to access this device. I cannot access Flash drives either.

If log onto the computer as my personal account, everything works fine and dandy.

Yesterday, I wiped my entire profile from my work logon and I was able to access my phone. Today the ability has once again gone away. Is this some kind of global policy or what might need to be changed to allow access?

Randy

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
realwarder -

Thanks for the update. I did talk this through with our network administrator last night and they did the group policy to block USB devices. Luckily, she likes me enough that she granted special permission to my account so that my access is now restored.

Randy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon