New bug ! Help required .

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Today I noticed that my Windows Calculator tile on my start screen has gone blank (It was fine yesterday).I checked the 'All Apps ' list where I found it was blank too .I went to storage and saw that it says 'Unavailable'.
There is no problem with app function as of now.

Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance .

wp_ss_20160508_0001.png

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160508_0003.png
    wp_ss_20160508_0003.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 5

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Try resizing the tile. The Outlook mail app tile on my start screen had been blank once, which was fixed after I resized it. Hard reset is an option but is unworthy for an app like Calculator.

Or wait for an update to the app. That's what you can do as of now. Also, Store doesn't always show updates available. Go to Calculator's store page and wait for it to check if an update is available.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Wait for an update to the app. That's what you can do. Or try resizing the tile. The Outlook mail app tile on my start screen had been blank once, which was fixed after I resized it. Hard reset it an option but is not worth it for an app like Calculator.

Also, Store doesn't always show updates available. Go to Calculator's store page and wait for it to check if an update is available.

Yes I agree that hard reset is not worth it for calculator especially since it is working fine.
I have been to Store and checked on Calculator's store page.Nothing there.

Resizing tile too did not help - blank tile persists ..
I will wait for an update to the app ,though I think Calculator hardly gets any updates.

Storage says that app is ' unavailable ' (Screenshot )

BTW ,Did your Outlook mail app in storage say 'unavailable ' at that time ?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I had not checked it at that time. The tile was permanently fixed after a few updates.

And Calculator does get updates. It gets at least two updates in a month.

Last edited:

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Well, you can install alternatives for the time being

Thanks. The app is working okay at present ,only worry is that in Storage it says 'Unavailable '
I do have Calculator Toolbox installed since I had it from W8.1 days and it has lots of options .But after W10 upgrade I hardly use it since default calculator app is so much improved.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
One thing I have noticed is that quite often although the insider builds appear fine (or at least reasonably ok) for a while, as time goes on, it does seem to get a bit flaky, as if there's a memory leak or some such which eventually starts causing problems a few weeks down the line.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I had not checked it at that time. The tile was permanently fixed after a few updates.

And Calculator does get updates. It gets at least two updates in a month.

Blank calculator tile and 'unavailable' in storage persists even after yesterday's cumulative update (.318)
BTW ,my calculator app has not got any updates after W10 mobile upgrade on 17th March.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes I did .Sysapp pusher does not have Calculator .In Windows store it shows Calculator installed ,App is working normally .But tile and app list does not show icon and Storage says 'unavailable'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes