Edge swipe back/forward cache needed.

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Swiping back and forward in the browser always RELOADS the page. It should keep these pages in cache to avoid the reloading time/avoid data usage. At the very least, this should be an option in the settings.

iOS keeps it in cache :(

So I was browsing the feedback hub and noted a distinct lack of people mentioning this issue let alone upvoting the one or two existing ones. This post is more to raise awareness as I'm sure it is something everyone will want.

So if ya'll agree this needs to be implemented - please go upvote in feedback hub!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Swiping back and forward in the browser always RELOADS the page. It should keep these pages in cache to avoid the reloading time/avoid data usage. At the very least, this should be an option in the settings.

iOS keeps it in cache :(

So I was browsing the feedback hub and noted a distinct lack of people mentioning this issue let alone upvoting the one or two existing ones. This post is more to raise awareness as I'm sure it is something everyone will want.

So if ya'll agree this needs to be implemented - please go upvote in feedback hub!

I'm surprised that the browser in ios can do this -I thought it was only opera mini and UC browser that can do this

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised that the browser in ios can do this -I thought it was only opera mini and UC browser that can do this

Exactly. I was also surprised. So spread the word and get them upvotes in feedback hub. Or tweet dona sarkar (although I am sure she is aware of this considering she uses/used iOS).

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Another basic feature missing from edge browser would be the option to disable images when the option is selected -you can save a lot of data that way, as high as 95% savings. That was one of the first things I suggested

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
oh you can be sure as hell we all want that, but you also know who we are dealing with here, I bet they reply arguing that reloading the page is the correct method instead of showing outdated pages back and forth, if you keep insisting they will probably argue that adding it as an option means additional upkeep costs and potentially confuses users

so in the mean time, lets put our forces on making them fix this feedback app, see, you cant even link to the feedback you want us to vote up, thats pretty urgent in my opinion

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
yeah i'm sure they will say "reloading is the correct method" but at least that option should be there, like a toggle in the settings to allow for using cache to help speed up browsing by a billion times.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure page-prediction doesn't do this, at least to some extent (enabling cache for faster back/forth browsing)?

I haven't read the tech on it, but it was my understanding it was doing a "smart prediction", based on patterns, to at least pre-load some of the targets.

Yeah, the "forward" function being missing drives me batty. They had this fixed at one point, I think 8.1, and then nuked it again, go figure...

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure page-prediction doesn't do this, at least to some extent (enabling cache for faster back/forth browsing)?

I haven't read the tech on it, but it was my understanding it was doing a "smart prediction", based on patterns, to at least pre-load some of the targets.

Yeah, the "forward" function being missing drives me batty. They had this fixed at one point, I think 8.1, and then nuked it again, go figure...

standard microsoft philosophy, and no, "smart prediction" doesnt do that

oh the irony, my N97 browser is like a billion times faster than my amazing new edge

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
standard microsoft philosophy, and no, "smart prediction" doesnt do that

oh the irony, my N97 browser is like a billion times faster than my amazing new edge

N-series symbian browsers were made of some hundreds ok KBs, running in a o.s. made of some dozens of MBs.

You can match them :D, that's lile a lcd watch VS a smartwatch

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes