What must I do to get Win10 Mail (PC) to work with my Verizon email account?

jeffreim

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
When I recently got a new PC with Windows 10, it forced me to create an "outlook.com" account as the default mail. But I have had another email address for many, many years and everyone I know and work with uses it to contact me. I MUST get that account to work reliably with Win10 Mail. It doesn't.
I have read dozens of articles elsewhere and tried all sorts of solutions to no avail.
When I ADD my Verizon account, it seems to be successful, but while the "outlook" address syncs constantly, the Verizon fails to sync about 9 times out of 10, sometimes giving error messages (various codes), but often just attempting to sync for hours on end. I think the worst so far has been around 18 hours of being unable to sync.
Please help a very frustrated new Windows 10 Mail user. Thanks.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When I recently got a new PC with Windows 10, it forced me to create an "outlook.com" account as the default mail. But I have had another email address for many, many years and everyone I know and work with uses it to contact me. I MUST get that account to work reliably with Win10 Mail. It doesn't.
I have read dozens of articles elsewhere and tried all sorts of solutions to no avail.
When I ADD my Verizon account, it seems to be successful, but while the "outlook" address syncs constantly, the Verizon fails to sync about 9 times out of 10, sometimes giving error messages (various codes), but often just attempting to sync for hours on end. I think the worst so far has been around 18 hours of being unable to sync.
Please help a very frustrated new Windows 10 Mail user. Thanks.

have you tried contacting verizon for the actual settings for adding mail?

jeffreim

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I had not tried that, because there didn't seem to be any way for me to input any settings other than the address and password... Each time I added the Verizon account (deleted and retried 5-6 times), I would go to the "account settings" and find that the "change mailbox sync settings" button was grayed-out and could not be clicked on. However, just now I went to confirm that, and for the first time (I'm not sure what happened to change it...) that button IS active. So if I can get the correct settings from Verizon, maybe I'll be able to put them in manually now. Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I had not tried that, because there didn't seem to be any way for me to input any settings other than the address and password... Each time I added the Verizon account (deleted and retried 5-6 times), I would go to the "account settings" and find that the "change mailbox sync settings" button was grayed-out and could not be clicked on. However, just now I went to confirm that, and for the first time (I'm not sure what happened to change it...) that button IS active. So if I can get the correct settings from Verizon, maybe I'll be able to put them in manually now. Thank you so much for the suggestion.

usually there's an option to add an account using advanced set up

nontheistzero

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Here's the instructions from Verizon. In particular, make sure the port numbers are correct. Many times when setting up a mail client, some ports are set incorrectly and will result in mail connection failures. I find it odd that you're able to sync your email *some* of the time. If everything in the Verizon instructions checks out, I'd contact Verizon directly.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...nd+use/questionsone/120516.htm&token=ewip7UR2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon