I have, on my D drive, a program (.exe file...not an 'app' from the store) titled 'album jukebox.exe'. I am able to pin it to the start menu, but if I type the name in in the 'Ask me anything' field, it does not find the program.

What am I missing?

Brian
    10-04-2016 11:22 AM
    I have, on my D drive, a program (.exe file...not an 'app' from the store) titled 'album jukebox.exe'. I am able to pin it to the start menu, but if I type the name in in the 'Ask me anything' field, it does not find the program.

What am I missing?

Brian
    The search line brings to Installed programs and apps, If that exe isn't a installed app, it's a simple file. So, if you want a file search you need to check Search settings 'cause it needs a lot of more time, as you can imagine (drives scan).
    10-04-2016 11:28 AM
    Too bad. Pinning to start, you would think, would be enough to cause the OS to index it. Lord knows I don't need ready access to every single .doc file in my DOCUMENTS folder, but it will find those just fine if I type a few letters.

Brian
    10-04-2016 11:55 AM